Black Ops 4 Update Out Now; Full Patch Notes Reveal New Changes
Ambush is also now live on all systems.
Treyarch has released another update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. Only minor changes are being made to Blackout, but the update makes larger changes to Multiplayer and Zombies, including a rotation of the Feature Playlist.
For Blackout, the update fixes an issue that allowed helicopters to fly outside of the circle on Ambush without malfunctioning. If you try to do so now, you're going to crash. Ambush is the newest game type in Black Ops 4's battle royale mode. It features a rapidly closing safe zone and limits players to sniper rifles, launchers, and melee weapons. Ambush will only be available for a limited-time.
Larger changes have come to Multiplayer and Zombies in the new update. In the former, the issues that allowed 9-Bang to be used more than once per round in Heist and caused stability problems in Search & Destroy have been fixed. Mercenary Nuketown has also been added as a Featured Playlist, with Hardcore Nuketown, Mercenary Capture Moshpit, and Endurance Chaos Moshpit being added to the Featured category rotation. For Zombies, the update fixes several different exploits and glitches that have been plaguing some of the weapons.
For the complete list of changes now live in Black Ops 4, check out the full patch notes on Reddit. We've also outlined the highlights below.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is available for Xbox One, PS4, and PC.
Black Ops 4 February 5 Update Patch Notes
- Featured Playlists
- Mercenary Nuketown added as Featured Playlist.
- Hardcore Nuketown, Mercenary Capture Moshpit, Endurance Chaos Moshpit, and Pro Series Moshpit added to Featured category.
- Game Modes
- Resolved an issue that caused the 9-Bang to be used more than once per round in Heist.
- Fixed a CODcaster crash with maximum players in Search & Destroy.
- Resolved an issue related to the Daemon 3XB where players could lose their weapons and points when taking a weapon from the Mystery Box.
- Closed an exploit where players could use the Electric Burst and a charged melee attack to stop enemies from pathing to players.
- Closed an exploit where players were able to keep the effects of the Ragnarok DG-5 if they were holding a Monkey Bomb or Claymore while the Special Weapon timed out.
- Closed an exploit where players could recreate the shockwave of the Special Weapon by switching between Equipment and Special Weapon.
- Helicopters now properly begin to malfunction when flying outside of the circle in Ambush.
- Black Market
- Fixed an issue with Crash’s Warlock outfit that prevented players from receiving the corresponding Warpaint.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com