Black Ops 4 Update Nerfs Certain Weapons And Adds Gun Game; Here's The Full Patch Notes
Multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies get patched.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
Treyarch has released a major balancing update across all three multiplayer modes in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. The update also makes several changes to the game's featured playlists.
For multiplayer mode, the biggest change is the addition of Gun Game to the featured playlist. A Black Ops fan favorite, the playlist spawns you with a specific set of weapons and changes said set when you kill another player. Typically a match ends whenever a player is able to cycle through every set, but Black Ops 4 is also adding a second variation of the playlist called Chaos Domination. In this updated version, players still cycle through different sets of weapons, but matches are between two teams instead of free-for-all and the winner is decided by whichever team can score 150 points first by capturing zones.
For Blackout, 100-player solo has been added to the featured playlist. The maximum player count in both duos and quads has also been set at 88. For Zombies, you'll now earn experience much more quickly when playing on Hardcore or Realistic difficulty. Also, an exploit that allowed players to keep their special weapon out indefinitely has been fixed.
The rest of the update balances the weapons, armor, and gadgets across all three modes. Plenty of items are getting nerfed, so strategies that have worked for you in the past may not be as effective now. For the entire list of changes, you can read the update's full patch notes on Treyarch's subreddit. The general changes are listed below.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is available on Xbox One, PS4, and PC.
Black Ops 4 October 30 Update General Changes
- Players can now invite players who are online, but not in the game, to their in-game party.
- Resolved an issue where particular weapon Camos would overlap weapon Optics.
- Resolved multiple issues with Paintjobs not showing up in-game.
- Resolved an issue where your Gun Rack would show up when inspecting other players.
- Resolved an issue where Emblems for other players would appear in lower resolution than expected in the Social menu.
- General stability fixes and performance improvements across Multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com