Black Ops 4 Black Market Update Improves In-Game Progression; Here Are The Full Patch Notes
Earn Black Market loot faster.
Treyarch has released a new update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. The most significant patch is for the Black Market--the in-game tier-based marketplace--but the update rolls out changes for multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies as well.
For Black Market, the update changes the rate players earn new tiers so that the process is faster. You'll be able to reach new tiers more consistently as well, as progression rates are now similar across all Blackout and multiplayer modes. Although they were not added in this update, Treyarch has plans to make the Black Market progression even faster by implementing online earn rate accelerators and both challenge- and event-based Tier Skip rewards.
The full patch notes can be found on Black Ops 4's subreddit, and we've listed the highlights below. The patch notes reveal Treyarch is currently tracking audio adjustments and quads performance for Blackout too, as well as host migration for Zombies. The developer is also rolling out several updates to further optimize Black Ops 4's network performance. "We're constantly working to optimize the game, and particularly network performance, to ensure the highest quality online experience for our players," the developer wrote.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is available on Xbox One, PS4, and PC.
Black Ops 4 October 23 Update
- Fixes and improvements to Tier progression earn rate across all modes of Multiplayer and Blackout.
- General stability improvements across Multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies.
- Weekly rotation of Featured category of playlists:
- Added "Mercenary Capture Moshpit" playlist added to Featured Playlist (5v5 Domination, Hardpoint, and Control with no Parties).
- Added "Hardcore Control" playlist added to the Featured Category.
- Added "Search and Destroy" playlist to Featured Category.
- Resolved an issue causing a UI Error in the After Action Report for Master Prestige players.
- Resolved an issue with the "Nuked Out" Calling Card not properly unlocking in the Hardcore Free For All playlist.
- Resolved an issue where players were able to get permanent 200 Health if two players playing as Crash used the Tak-5.
Search and Destroy
- Resolved an issue where users could spectate the enemy team by changing classes during their Kill Cam.
After Action Report
- Resolved an issue that sometimes led to a black screen during the After Action Report.
- Resolved an issue where War Paints were not showing up in the reward stream until they were unlocked.
- Multiple crash fixes.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com