Big Call Of Duty: WW2 Update Is Out Now On PS4, Xbox One, And PC
The big Divisions overhaul is now live.
Activision has rolled out a big new patch for Call of Duty: WWII. The update is available to download now on all platforms--PS4, Xbox One, and PC--and is one of the most dramatic the game has received to date, making sweeping changes to its full range of playable classes.
With the update, developer Sledgehammer has overhauled every one of Call of Duty: WWII's Divisions. Each class has received a number of tweaks, ranging from swapping out gear perks to increasing certain stats. Sledgehammer has also made some general changes across all Divisions; for instance, each class now has unlimited sprint, although the sprint speed has been reduced.
In addition to that, all Divisions now carry least one Lethal and one Tactical equipment. As a result, the Armored Division has received a particularly big buff, taking much less explosive and fire damage. Armored players are also now immune to Shell Shock and have reduced flinch when shot. You can find the full patch notes for the update, as taken from Sledgehammer's official forums, below.
The big Divisions update coincides with the release of Call of Duty: WWII's second map pack, The War Machine. The DLC is available to download now on PS4, with an Xbox One and PC release set to follow a month later. It introduces three new multiplayer maps--Dunkirk, V2, and Egypt--a new War mode mission that features dogfights, and the latest Nazi Zombies chapter. It can be purchased separately or as part of Call of Duty: WWII's $50 / £40 / AU $65 season pass.
Call of Duty: WWII Patch Notes
- Additional Primary Attachment
- Second Pistol Attachment and swap weapons faster
- While aiming down sights, have less idle sway
- Move faster while aiming
- Fire guns while sprinting and diving
- Reload while sprinting
- Climb over obstacles faster and no damage from falling
- Sprint faster over time
- Take significantly less explosive & fire damage
- Immune to Shell Shock and Tactical Equipment
- Increased bullet penetration through surfaces
- Greatly reduced flinch when shot
- Invisible to enemy Recon Aircraft and controlled streaks
- Killed enemy death locations hidden
- No name or reticle change when enemies aim at you
- Silent movement
- Double Lethal and Tactical and enhanced equipment use
- Munitions replenish from killed enemies and over time
- Improved Tacticals & Easier to destroy War buildables
- Equipment damage paints enemies on mini-map
- Mini-map indicator & scrambler of close hostiles
- Enemy movements are easier to hear
- Kills and assists grant Intel Ping of nearby enemies
- Easier to spot targets & increased mini-map coverage
Loadout Selection Changes
- LMG Bipod and Sniper Sharpshooter are automatically available when using an LMG or Sniper
- Remaining Division Skills (weapon class attachments) are selectable in CAC (and no longer given by division)
- Each Division has a fourth perk and their levels have been adjusted and rebalanced
- All players have unlimited sprint and sprint speed is slightly slower
- 3 Primary Attachments for all loadouts
- One piece of both Lethal and Tactical equipment for all loadouts
- Launchers can be equipped for all loadouts
- The Rifle Grenade is an available attachment for all rifles
- The Suppressor is an available attachment for all pistols
- The Pistol Suppressor has a 15% range reduction vs. the SMG Suppressor's 30% range reduction
- The following Basic Trainings are cut and no longer selectable: Primed and Bang
- Prestige tokens spent on these are refunded and associated challenges are auto-completed
- The following Basic Trainings are newly added: Blitzkrieg and Clandestine
- Blitzkrieg: Streaks are earned by Kills (instead of Score). Bonus: Streaks are improved and select a fourth Streak.
- Clandestine: Slain enemies drop Intel Packs that reveal nearby hostiles. Bonus: Intel ping at the start of each life
- Moved "Second pistol attachment and swap weapons faster" to Infantry to align with its marksmanship focus
- Filled gap in Resistance with "Enemy movements are easier to hear" to align with its counter-intelligence focus
Weapon/Mechanic Tuning Changes
- Global sprint speed reduced (to account for Unlimited Sprint)
- 1.3x instead of previously 1.4x
- Reduced Launcher effectiveness against players
- Panzerschreck nerfed damage and projectile speed
- Bazooka buffed radius, buffed projectile speed and nerfed damage
- Bazooka should more reliably give hitmarkers than before and increased projectile speed should make it better than Panzer against streaks.
- Frag and Sticky grenade max damage nerfed
- ~10% max damage reduction to account for all players having both Lethal and Tactical and address existing complaints of grenade spam
- Shellshock and Earthquake effects from Lethal Equipment significantly reduced
- Reduced effect radius and duration to address existing complaints and account for all players having both Lethal and Tactical
- Tactical Equipment strength adjusted
- All tacticals without Expeditionary III got a small nerf
- Smoke lasts 10 seconds (previously: 14 seconds; Expeditionary III: 14 seconds)
- Signal Flare lasts 3.5 seconds (previously: 5 seconds; Expeditionary III: 5.5 seconds)
- Stun effects last between 1.75-3.5 seconds (previously: 2-4 seconds; Expeditionary III: 2.5-4.25 seconds)
- Tabun Gas deals 1 dmg every 1 second 5 times (previously: 10 dmg every 1 second 5 times; Expeditionary III: 5 dmg every 0.625 seconds 8 times)
- The following Basic Trainings have had their benefits changed:
- Energetic: Adds "Increased sprint speed." Removes "Sprint again sooner"
- Forage: Adds "Resupply bullets over time." Adds "Extra magazines." Removes "Swap weapons faster."
- Ordnance: Adds “Killed enemies drop Streak packs that fill your meter”. Removes “Re-roll your own care packages”.
- Launched: Adds “Additional launcher ammunition”. Removes “Only way to take a Launcher”.
- Concussed: Adds “Take two pieces of Lethal & Tactical equipment”. Removes “presetting what the equipment is”.
- Instincts: Adds “Immune to Shell Shock and Tactical Equipment”. Esports-only change to remove “warning when targeted off-screen” benefit (with the intention for this BT to be unbanned by MLG and used in competitive to counter Tacticals).
- Incendiary Shells attachment buffed
- Gives Additional Shells (7 for Combat Shotgun; 8 for all other shotguns)
- Range reduction of Shells buffed to -10% from -15%
- Sped up loading of shells for Combat Shotgun
- M30 Rifle Bullet ammo buffed
- Gives Additional Bullets (8 bullets instead of previous 6)
- LMG Bipod Buffed
- Increased fire rate while mounted (+9% which is equal to Rapid Fire attachment for LMGs [which stacks])
- Firing while mounted initially draws ammo from reserve then once exhausted draws from current clip (removing the need to reload).
- Sniper Sharpshooter Duration Buffed
- Hold breath increased to 10 seconds from 4 seconds. Promotes using snipers the "proper" way rather than quickscoping.
- Buffed "Take Significantly less fire & explosive damage" from Armored
- 80% reduction from fire and explosive damage (previously was 65% reduction)
- "Reduced idle sway" from Infantry III & Scoped now affects snipers
- 30% reduction for Snipers; vs. all other weapon classes' 65% reduction
- This does stack with Ballistic Calibration attachment
- Buffed "Move faster while aiming" from Infantry IV and Scoped
- Maintained separation between weapon classes (Sniper < LMG < Rifle < SMG < Pistol / Shotgun)
- LMGs mostly got their ADS firing speed buffed since that was previously very slow even with Infantry IV
- Snipers got a smaller buff than other weapon classes since it isn't beneficial to move too fast
- Pistols and Shotguns already equaled non-ads speed with Infantry IV so they were not adjusted
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.