The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Best Wii U/3DS Black Friday 2016 Game and Bundle Deals
Here's what's on offer this year.
Updated November 23 with details on Nintendo's eShop sale.
With Black Friday just days away, we already know many of the gaming deals you can expect to see this year. If you were hoping the combination of the Switch's announcement and Black Friday would drive some good Wii U system deals, it looks like you may be out of luck.
While there aren't quite as many deals of interest to Nintendo fans as those on other platforms, there are still some worthwhile deals for both Wii U and 3DS. We've rounded up some of the best for you below. Keep in mind that stock (and timing) may be limited, and that not every game on sale has necessarily been listed in the flyers. We also don't yet know what deals will pop up on Amazon and elsewhere.
$100 New 3DS
Nintendo advertised this one well in advance of Black Friday, revealing it will offer two special-edition versions of the New 3DS for $100 at select retailers. Mind you, this is not the larger New 3DS XL, but it is the cheapest that this system has ever been offered for, and you get to choose from two exclusive designs. [Full details]
Nintendo kicked off its eShop sale on November 23. It runs until December 5 and offers cheap prices on digital copies of games like The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD and Monster Hunter Generations.
Meijer is offering select 3DS games for $20-$30: Mario Kart 7, Super Smash Bros., Super Mario 3D Land, Kirby: Planet Robobot, and The Legend of Zelda: TriForce Heroes.
Toys R Us has all games that cost $19.99 or less available 2 for $25.
- Splatoon -- $35 (Walmart)
- Super Mario Maker -- $40 (Toys R Us)
- Pikmin 3 -- $15 (Walmart)
- NES Remix Pack -- $15 (Walmart)
- Minecraft -- $20 (Toys R Us)
- Pokken Tournament -- $35 (Target)
- Disney Infinity Starter Packs -- $10 (Toys R Us)
- Lego Dimensions Starter Pack -- $39 (Walmart) $40 (Best Buy, GameStop, Target, Toys R Us, Fred Meyer)
- Lego Dimensions fun packs -- $10 (Target) / 3 for $20 (Toys R Us)
- Lego Dimensions packs - $5 (Five Below)
- Lego Dimensions team/level packs -- $12.49-$15 (Toys R Us) / $14 (Walmart)
- Lego Dimensions team packs -- $15 (GameStop)
- Lego Dimensions level packs -- $20 (GameStop)
- Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens -- $20 (Overstock)
- Just Dance 2017 -- $25 (Best Buy) / $25 (Walmart) / $40 (Toys R Us)
- Mighty No. 9 -- $15 (GameStop)
- Tumblestone -- $20 (Toys R Us)
- Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright -- $25 (Best Buy)
- Super Smash Bros. -- $25 (Target)
- Pokemon X/Y -- $25 (Target)
- Pokemon Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby -- $25 (Target)
- Kirby Planet Robobot -- $25 (Target)
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 -- $15 (Target)
- Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice -- $30 (GameStop)
- Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens -- $15 (GameStop)
Buy one, get one 10 percent off eShop points cards at Target.
- 8-Bit Mario Amiibo (Modern) -- $5 (Walmart)
- 8-Bit Mario Amiibo (Retro) -- $5 (Walmart)
- Action Replay Power Saves Pro -- $20 (GameStop)
Check out deals on other platforms through the links below:
- Best PS4 Black Friday 2016 Game and Bundle Deals
- Best Xbox One Black Friday 2016 Game and Bundle Deals
- Best Entertainment Black Friday 2016 Deals: TVs, Movies, and TV Shows
- Best PC Black Friday 2016 Deals: Games, Monitors, Keyboards, Mice, and More
For retailer-specific lists, check out these posts:
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com