Best Steam Deals Right Now: Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Ape Out, And More
Ubisoft games, excellent indies, and more get steep discounts on Steam this week.
With most people stuck at home right now, there's more time than ever to work through your backlog or try a game that's been on your Steam wishlist forever. Steam tends to offer a ton of deals on a regular basis, but this week's deals include a Ubisoft publisher sale with steep discounts on series like Assassin's Creed and Far Cry. In addition, there's no shortage of excellent indies and other games on sale this week, so we've rounded up the very best Steam deals on games you should check out.
The Ubisoft sale includes the entire Assassin's Creed franchise; notably, Assassin's Creed Odyssey is free to play this weekend and also discounted to $19.79 if you want to buy it and keep playing (we very much doubt you'll complete the entire game this weekend, but we'd be impressed if you did). You can also snag the Assassin's Creed bundle, which gets you Black Flag, Unity, Rogue, and Syndicate, for just $28.22; it usually sells for $100.
You'll also find a collection of Devolver Digital games on sale, including the bullet-hell dungeon-crawler Enter the Gungeon for $7.49 (50% off). This deal is perfectly timed alongside the release of its sequel, Exit the Gungeon, on Nintendo Switch today. Other notable deals include the gorgeous, emotional platformer Gris, which is down to $8.49, and the excellent beat 'em up Ape Out, which is discounted to $7.49.
One hidden gem in the sale is OneShot, one of my personal favorites on Steam. The surreal puzzle-adventure game is like Undertale meets Doki Doki Literature Club. It's best to go in without knowing much about it, but the basic premise is that you're guiding a child, Niko, through a mysterious world on a mission to restore its long-dead sun. OneShot is available for 40% off, just $6, in this week's sale.
There are plenty more deals to be had, so be sure to check out more of our picks below and see all the current deals at Steam. Plus, keep an eye out for the 2020 Spring Game Festival, which kicks off tomorrow, March 18, at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET, offering free-to-play demos, spotlighting new and upcoming games, and more.
Best Steam game deals this week
- 7 Days to Die -- $8.49 (
- Ape Out -- $7.49 (
- Assassin's Creed bundle -- $28.22 (
- Black Flag, Unity, Rogue, and Syndicate
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey -- $19.79 (
- Free to play from March 19-22
- Child of Light -- $5.09 (
- The Crew 2 -- $15 (
- Enter the Gungeon -- $7.49 (
- Far Cry 5 -- $15 (
- Far Cry New Dawn -- $16 (
- Gato Roboto -- $4 (
- Gris -- $8.49 (
- Half-Life: Alyx -- $54 (
- Her Story -- $2.49 (
- Jurassic World Evolution - Deluxe -- $12.49 (
- OneShot -- $6 (
- Rainbow Six Siege -- $8 (
- Red Dead Redemption 2 -- $48 (
- River City Girls -- $21 (
- Ruiner -- $5 (
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order -- $39 (
- Stellaris -- $10 (
- Thumper -- $6 (
Best Gaming & Tech Deals This Week
- Star Wars Collection Bundles 14 Games For $21
- 25 Free Games Are Available Now Ahead Of Prime Day For Members
- Prime Day TV Deals: Best Early Discounts Available Now
- PlayStation Mid-Year Sale Has Big Discounts On Hundreds Of Games
- This Affordable Simulator Lets You Play Golf At Home
- Nintendo Switch Exclusives Are Discounted In New eShop Sale
- Amazon Prime Day 2022 Dates: When Is Prime Day?
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.