Best-Selling Games for January Led by Dying Light, Advanced Warfare
In a month of few new releases, Dying Light takes the top spot over Call of Duty, GTA, and Smash Bros.
New Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Will Be Shown At E3 2019 - GS News Update E3 2019 Press Conference Schedule Revealed: Nintendo, Microsoft, Ubisoft, Square Enix, And More - GS News Update Avengers: Endgame Passes Avatar in the US Box Office, Still Behind Worldwide - GS Universe News Update Fortnite: Week 3 Secret Battle Star Location Walkthrough (Season 9 Utopia Challenges) Game Of Thrones Series Finale Breakdown And Recap -- "The Iron Throne" Top New Games Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- May 19-25 2019 Who Are The Kaiju (Titans) In Godzilla: King of the Monsters? PS4 And PS5 Cross-Gen Multiplayer And Backwards Compatibility Teased - GS News Update Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order - X-Men Gameplay Trailer A New Handheld Video Game System Called Playdate Has Been Announced - GS News Update Fortnite - Dominating Win In Air Jordan Downtown Drop LTM Halo 5 Big Thursday Battle And More
Software sales were strong for January, and the leader of the pack was, not surprisingly, one of the few AAA releases in January: Dying Light
The NPD Group's Liam Callahan wrote in a press release, "Sales of January 2015 launch titles were up over 200 percent versus January 2014, with Dying Light being the major new release of the month."The top 10 rundown is below, but it's worth noting that neither Microsoft nor Sony's console's had an overwhelming majority of top-selling titles. The first console listed below represents the platform that had the hightest number of sales for each game:
- Dying Light -- PS4, Xbox One, PC -- Warner Bros.
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare -- Xbox One ,PS4, 360, PS3, PC --Activision Blizzard
- Grand Theft Auto V -- Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3 -- Take-Two Interactive
- Minecraft -- 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4 -- Microsoft
- NBA 2K15 -- Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC -- Take-Two Interactive
- Super Smash Bros. -- Wii U, 3DS -- Nintendo
- Far Cry 4 -- PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC -- Ubisoft
- Madden NFL 15 -- Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3 -- Electronic Arts
- Destiny -- Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3 -- Activision Blizzard
- FIFA 15 -- PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, Wii, Vita, 3DS -- Electronic Arts
In other NPD news, the PlayStation 4 came out as the top-selling console for January. And Ubisoft also released their financial figures today, reporting strong sales for the holiday period.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org