Best-Selling Games for January Led by Dying Light, Advanced Warfare
In a month of few new releases, Dying Light takes the top spot over Call of Duty, GTA, and Smash Bros.
Mortal Kombat 11 - Crazy Combos For Every Character Square Enix E3 2019 Live Event Gets Date And Time - GS News Update Days Gone Livestream with MANvsGAME! Top New Games Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- April 21-27 2019 Persona 5 The Royal Release Date Revealed - GS News Update Fortnite Gets Avengers Endgame Event This Week - GS News Update Fortnite X Avengers Endgame - Official Trailer Men In Black: International - Official Trailer 2 The New Unannounced Call Of Duty is Already Playable Amazon Prime Video May 2019 - Best Movies & TV Shows To Watch Mortal Kombat 11 Freebies And Update Announced - GS News Update Cheaper Nintendo Switch Model Reportedly Coming In June - GS News Update
Software sales were strong for January, and the leader of the pack was, not surprisingly, one of the few AAA releases in January: Dying Light
The NPD Group's Liam Callahan wrote in a press release, "Sales of January 2015 launch titles were up over 200 percent versus January 2014, with Dying Light being the major new release of the month."The top 10 rundown is below, but it's worth noting that neither Microsoft nor Sony's console's had an overwhelming majority of top-selling titles. The first console listed below represents the platform that had the hightest number of sales for each game:
- Dying Light -- PS4, Xbox One, PC -- Warner Bros.
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare -- Xbox One ,PS4, 360, PS3, PC --Activision Blizzard
- Grand Theft Auto V -- Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3 -- Take-Two Interactive
- Minecraft -- 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4 -- Microsoft
- NBA 2K15 -- Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC -- Take-Two Interactive
- Super Smash Bros. -- Wii U, 3DS -- Nintendo
- Far Cry 4 -- PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC -- Ubisoft
- Madden NFL 15 -- Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3 -- Electronic Arts
- Destiny -- Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3 -- Activision Blizzard
- FIFA 15 -- PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, Wii, Vita, 3DS -- Electronic Arts
In other NPD news, the PlayStation 4 came out as the top-selling console for January. And Ubisoft also released their financial figures today, reporting strong sales for the holiday period.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com