Best Prime Day Gaming Deals (Ending Soon): Tuesday's PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One Discounts
The biggest shopping event of the summer has entered its second day.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Amazon Prime Day 2019 is almost over--Tuesday marks the final day of the big sale, at least for Amazon. While some deals have expired or sold out, many others are continuing, and new ones continue to pop up on video games, movies, TV shows, and various pieces of tech. But the clock is ticking, and many more of these deals will soon be going away, so you should act fast if you're interested in something.
To help you make the most of the various sales going on (both at Amazon and elsewhere), we've assembled a selection of the best Prime Day deals on PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One games and hardware. We've also included some picks for 4K movies, Funko Pops, and more. We've also got all of the basic information, like when Prime Day starts and ends, and some tips on making the most of the event.
Read on for the best deals, which include Red Dead Redemption 2 for $30 on PS4 and Xbox One, a year of PS Plus for $36, and some solid deals on PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch systems--such an Xbox One X for under $350. You can even get a Switch and Xbox One in the same (surprisingly nice) bundle! Beyond what you can buy right now, pre-orders for upcoming games are on sale too. You can save upwards of $10 if you want Final Fantasy VII Remake, Cyberpunk 2077, Watch Dogs Legion, and many other highly anticipated titles.
Some links to supporting retailers are automatically made into affiliate links, and GameSpot may receive a small share of those sales.
- Prime Day's Best PS4 Deals
- PlayStation Plus 12-month subscription -- $36 at Massgenie | $36 is cheaper than PlayStation Plus almost ever goes, and with it providing access to free games each month and being a requirement for online play, it's an essential purchase for many PS4 owners. More details here.
- PS4 Slim console + Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition + Marvel's Spider-Man (digital code) -- $250 (
$359) | A PS4 still sells for $300 normally, so this is a chance to get it for $50 off with two of the very best games available on it. [Currently sold out]
- PS4 Pro console + God of War + Days Gone -- $350 (
$463.61) | The PS4 Pro continues to retail for $400, making any price under that a deal. Toss in one of last year's best games and another first-party title released not long ago, and this is a strong way to pick up Sony's more powerful, 4K-capable console.
- DualShock 4 wireless controller (various colors) -- $40 | $40 is as cheap as you'll find an official DualShock 4 controller. Although Amazon's hub may list their prices as higher, clicking through to the product page reveals it as a Prime Day deal, with a half dozen colors available for the $40 price.
- PlayStation Classic -- $20 (
- The Division 2 -- $20
- Fallout 76 -- $17
- God of War -- $20
- Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition -- $10
- Marvel's Spider-Man -- $29.49
- Monster Hunter World -- $18.93
- Red Dead Redemption 2 -- $30
- Prime Day's Best Nintendo Switch Deals
- Nintendo Switch + Xbox One All Digital w/ three games -- $400 | This unusual deal requires you to have interest in getting two different game consoles. Whether you want to sell one or have a friend to split this with or something else, this is a great price for two consoles.
- Nintendo Switch (neon red/blue Joy-Cons) / Nintendo Switch (gray Joy-Cons) -- $300 w/ free $35 Eshop credit | Discounts on Nintendo Switch hardware are few and far between. While this deal doesn't drop it below the standard MSRP, you do get $35 in free Nintendo Eshop credit, which can be used toward anything you want--games, a Nintendo Switch Online subscription, DLC, and so on. What makes that ideal is it can be put toward something that won't be discounted during Prime Day, such as the upcoming Fire Emblem: Three Houses.
- Nintendo Switch -- $330 w/ choice of select game and extra accessory | Another Switch option, and one that's preferable if you prefer physical games, gets you a bonus game and accessory for $30 over the standard price of the console. Provided you're interested in one of the games--and they include many of Nintendo's best first-party games, which aren't often discounted to anywhere near $30--this is another solid choice.
- Nintendo Switch Online Family Membership (12 months) -- $28 | Nintendo Switch Online hasn't been discounted often. It provides access to online gaming on Switch, a library of free NES games, and the ability to buy game vouchers that let you get select Eshop games at a nice discount. The Family membership can be shared with other users, making it a more attractive option if you have people to split it with.
- Joy-Cons (various colors) -- $60
- Samsung 256GB MicroSD Memory Card -- $37 (
- SanDisk 128GB MicroSD Memory Card -- $25.70 (
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle -- $25
- Pokemon: Let's Go Eevee -- $30
- Splatoon 2 -- $43
- Yoshi's Crafted World -- $43
- Prime Day's Best Xbox One Deals
- Nintendo Switch + Xbox One All-Digital Edition w/ three games -- $400 | As noted above, this might be a special-case deal given the price and inclusion of two systems. But for what you're getting, it's a great deal.
- Xbox One S All-Digital Edition + Phantom White wireless controller -- $200 at Amazon | If you don't care about using physical games or discs, the All-Digital Edition is certainly the way to go, especially at $200. And with an extra controller in the pricey Phantom White color scheme, this is a solid deal.
- Xbox One X -- $314 | The Xbox One X still retails for $500 and isn't discounted offer. Thanks to stacking offers, you can pick one up at a massive discount, getting you the most powerful game console on the market, and one that can also double as a 4K UHD player.
- Xbox One S Battlefield V bundle -- $224 at Amazon
- Assassins' Creed Odyssey -- $20
- Battlefield V -- $24
- The Division 2 -- $20
- Doom Eternal -- $49.94
- Fallout 76 -- $17
- Red Dead Redemption 2 -- $30
PC & VR Gaming
- Best Prime Day PC Gaming Deals
- Best Prime Day VR Gaming Deals
- Sekiro Shadows Die Twice -- $49.49 (
- The Sims 4 -- $16.49 (
- Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse -- $25 (
TV Shows And Movies
- Best Prime Day Movie & TV Show Deals
- Best Prime Day 4K UHD Deals
- Alien 40th Anniversary 4K -- $15
- Batman: The Complete TV Series -- $45
- Captain America Trilogy 4K -- $69
- Dark Knight Trilogy Collection 4K -- $45
- Spider-Man: Homecoming 4K -- $19.90
- Best Prime Day Funko Pop Deals
- Star Wars Millennium Falcon Funko Pop w/ Han Solo -- $65 | This is a new, Amazon-exclusive Pop figure launching for Prime Day. As you'd expect from the price, it's much larger than the standard Pop figure, measuring in at more than a foot long.
- Thanos Funko Pop -- $8.74
- Toy Story Woody w/ RC Funko Pop -- $18.93
- Spider-Man: Far From Home Mysterio Funko Pop -- $9.51
What is Prime Day?
Prime Day is a massive sale Amazon puts on each summer for Prime members. It all began in 2015, when Amazon had a sale to celebrate its 20th birthday. In the years since, Prime Day has grown into a shopping extravaganza in its own right, with deep discounts on all kinds of items across the whole store.
When is Prime Day?
Amazon announced Prime Day 2019 will kick off at midnight (your local time zone) on July 15 and run for exactly 48 hours, ending on July 17 at midnight. This confirms the info initially leaked via a PR email earlier this summer. The length of Amazon Prime Day has extended over the past few years, with last year's sale lasting 36 hours. That means this year's Prime Day will be the longest-running yet with two full days of deals. As of this writing, the sale is live, with some offers having already sold out--so be sure to act fast if you're interested in something.
What are some Prime Day tips?
Black Friday affords shoppers with a lot of time to plan and get ready for the big day. That's not the case with Prime Day; while we get a select number of deals early, you'll need to be ready on Monday and Tuesday to act quickly. We've assembled a range of Prime Day tips to help you make the most of the day, including how to ensure you're getting the best deals possible.
How much is Amazon Prime?
The catch is that you have to be an Amazon Prime member to take advantage of Prime Day deals. The annual price of a Prime membership is $119 / £79, or you can get a one-month membership for just $13 / £8. Having to buy a subscription is a bummer, but there are ways around dropping cash just to take part in Prime Day. If you've never been a Prime member before, you can get a free 30-day trial just by signing up. Students get an even better deal: their Prime membership begins with a free six-month trial.
Even if you're a lapsed Prime member and you can't get the free trial, signing up for a one-month membership may be worthwhile, depending on what Prime Day deals you want to take advantage of. There's also a good chance Amazon will offer a discount on Prime subscriptions in the run-up to Prime Day, so your best bet is to wait and see.
What kind of deals can we expect?
Amazon always drops prices on tons of items, with huge discounts on its own hardware in particular: Echos, Kindles, Fire sticks, and tablets. Additionally, you can expect big savings on video games, consoles, gaming accessories, 4K TVs, other electronics, apparel, outdoor gear, baby products, and nearly anything else you can buy at the online retailer.
While not marked down as of yet, new Amazon-exclusive products are also launching for Prime Day, including this pretty cool-looking Han Solo / Millenium Falcon Funko Pop Deluxe and a Respawn-800 racing-style gaming rocker chair (available in either black or blue).
Twitch Prime, which is included with any Amazon Prime subscription, is offering a wide array of deals for Prime Day, including some freebies for Apex Legends. On July 3, Prime members began to receive a free, exclusive Legend skin and weapon skin. Throughout July and August, three more Apex Legends skins will be given to Prime members, as well as EA Sports content that hasn't been detailed yet. As usual, there is also free PC games and in-game loot available for Prime members in July. Twitch Prime is also hosting an event called Twitch Sells Out where top streamers will showcase some of the best gaming products available for Prime Day. In addition, all Twitch merchandise, including apparel and accessories, will be 30% off using promo code PRIME2019 in Amazon's Twitch store.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org