Battlefield Hardline's New Heist Mode Inspired by Battlefield 4's Squad Rush
Get all the details about Squad Heist and more here.
Electronic Arts on Tuesday announced more details for Robbery, the second expansion pack for the cops-and-robbers shooter Battlefield Hardline. The expansion, which is themed around the idea of a "Big Score," introduces four new maps, a new 5v5 mode called Squad Heist, additional weapons, and more.
A quick rundown of what's included with Hardline's Robbery expansion is below, courtesy of EA.
- Four maps: The Docks, Break Pointe, Museum, and Precinct 7
- New 5v5 game mode: Squad Heist
- 4 new weapons
- 2 new gadgets
- 2 new factional vehicles and new vehicle upgrades
- New camos and vehicle paints
- The Legendary Super Feature
Squad Heist aims to be an homage to Battlefield 4's Squad Rush but with a heist theme. The mode plays out across three distinct stages. They are:
- Criminals take a Drill, break into Vault 1, and grab the Loot from the vault.
- Criminals take a Drill, break into Vault 2, and grab the Loot from the vault.
- Criminals run to an escape location, call a helicopter, and get the loot to safety.
At every stage, criminals have 25 "tickets," or lives. If they are used up, the cops win.
Robbery will be available first for Battlefield Hardline Premium members in September 2015. The DLC will be made available to everyone else later. It follows the previously released Criminal Activity DLC. Two additional expansions will follow: Getaway (fall 2015) and Betrayal (early 2016).
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.