Battlefield Hardline Patch Will Nerf Deadly Couch
The couch will remain in the cops-and-robbers shooter, but it will be far less effective.
Cyberpunk 2077 Lore: Can WE become Cyberpunks? Dragon's Dogma 2 - Combat Preview (Hands-On) Firearms Expert Reacts to Payday 3’s Guns Mortal Kombat 1 - Best References, Easter Eggs, and Callbacks Don't Cast Hollywood Celebs In Video Games | Spot On Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty – Official "All In" Trailer (feat. Idris Elba) Atomic Heart – DLC#2 | SPECIAL TGS2023 TEASER Tales of the Shire - Official Teaser Trailer Super Mario Bros. Wonder – Gameplay Overview Trailer Honkai Impact 3rd Part 2 - Gameplay First Look Trailer Evil Wizard - Official Launch Trailer Kirby & The Amazing Mirror – Game Boy Advance – Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack Trailer
The first patch for Visceral's recently released Battlefield Hardline will reduce the effectiveness of the multiplayer shooter's deadly couch Easter egg. Apparently, the couch was actually proving to be reliably useful to some players, and not a throwaway joke vehicle as Visceral had intended.
That's all changing with Hardline's first patch. Per the official patch notes:
"Couch health reduced and repair rate decreased to a miniscule amount, making the Couch the one-off it was intended."
The couch, called "The American Dream," can be found in Hotwire mode on the Dust Bowl map. It spawns in one of several different locations, but only a single time per round--once it's been destroyed, it's gone until the next game begins. However, it can be repaired.
Hardline's upcoming patch also makes a variety of bug fixes and general gameplay changes. The full patch notes are printed below.
- Fixed a server crash in Rescue
- Increased the character limit in the MapList to support up to 150 maps in a rotation
- You can now set the time limit to 0 and it disables the time limit instead of instantly ending the round in Blood Money
- Various fixes for server crashes with rental servers (multiple issues addressed)
- Fix for the timer in Conquest freezing when the user set the time limit higher than 800
- Fix for MP squad join issue where after the squad leader gets disconnected, a new leader cannot kick members or disband
- Fix for the patch awarded in released game for reaching Rank 10 in the Beta
- Fix for Derailed Levolution where players were teleported to origin of Point B and killed in some circumstances
- Fix for crash if the UI is disabled in the .cfg file
- Fix for Bloodmoney exploit in HH where players could access the money pile through the floor/roof
- Fix on XB1 for players using invite/join on friend after Quickmatching
- Fix for the Uzi's weapon license cost, setting it to the correct value of $50,000
- Fix for X360 players being unable to invite friends while playing Rescue
- Fix for a rare crash in the Customize screen
- All platforms, miscellaneous low frequency crash fixes
- Conquest tickets increased (CQL 999, CQS 600)
- Greatly decreased nearby bullet impact flinch; your aimpoint will not shift from rounds striking the environment near you
- Fixed some issues with FLIR/IRNV
- RPG reduced to 1 ammo from back of cars, with smaller explosion radius overall thus requiring more skill to use effectively
- TDM friendzones have been adjusted for better spawning
- Rescue / Crosshair exploit where players could skip the round start time by hitting START or ESC has been fixed
- Couch health reduced and repair rate decreased to a miniscule amount, making the Couch the one-off it was intended
- Player should no longer Quickmatch into servers with unsupported numbers of players
- K10: Reduce max damage to 33 and min damage to 8
- Saiga and PTR: reduce recoil to bring more in line with Cop faction DMRs
- HCAR and HK51: reduce recoil to bring more in line with SCAR-H and SA-58
- .410 Jury: Increase damage per pellet to become more effective
- FMG-9: increase damage per round to 25 and push out falloff start range to make these weapons more effective
- Battlerifle min damage increased to 25 across the board
- AKM min damage reduced to 24
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.