Battlefield Hardline Patch Will Nerf Deadly Couch
The couch will remain in the cops-and-robbers shooter, but it will be far less effective.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Cross-Play Beta Start Date And Modes - GS News Update New Destiny 2 Five-Year Plan Includes Big Nightfall Changes - GS News Update Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Beta - Realism Mode Gameplay Borderlands 3 - Easy Legendary Loot Farming Guide Top New Game Releases On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- September 15-21, 2019 Pokemon Sword Has An Exclusive Farfetch'd Evolution - GS News Update FIFA 20 - Story Mode Cinematics And 4v4 Volta Gameplay The Outer Worlds Gameplay - Solving Crimes In Stellar Bay Crypto Appears In Apex Legends - GS News Update Bloodstained, Jump Force, & More Coming To Xbox Game Pass - GS News Update Anthem Is Changing How It Releases Future Content - GS News Update Fortnite Adds Party Hub & Fixes The Storm Circle - GS News Update
The first patch for Visceral's recently released Battlefield Hardline will reduce the effectiveness of the multiplayer shooter's deadly couch Easter egg. Apparently, the couch was actually proving to be reliably useful to some players, and not a throwaway joke vehicle as Visceral had intended.
That's all changing with Hardline's first patch. Per the official patch notes:
"Couch health reduced and repair rate decreased to a miniscule amount, making the Couch the one-off it was intended."
The couch, called "The American Dream," can be found in Hotwire mode on the Dust Bowl map. It spawns in one of several different locations, but only a single time per round--once it's been destroyed, it's gone until the next game begins. However, it can be repaired.
Hardline's upcoming patch also makes a variety of bug fixes and general gameplay changes. The full patch notes are printed below.
- Fixed a server crash in Rescue
- Increased the character limit in the MapList to support up to 150 maps in a rotation
- You can now set the time limit to 0 and it disables the time limit instead of instantly ending the round in Blood Money
- Various fixes for server crashes with rental servers (multiple issues addressed)
- Fix for the timer in Conquest freezing when the user set the time limit higher than 800
- Fix for MP squad join issue where after the squad leader gets disconnected, a new leader cannot kick members or disband
- Fix for the patch awarded in released game for reaching Rank 10 in the Beta
- Fix for Derailed Levolution where players were teleported to origin of Point B and killed in some circumstances
- Fix for crash if the UI is disabled in the .cfg file
- Fix for Bloodmoney exploit in HH where players could access the money pile through the floor/roof
- Fix on XB1 for players using invite/join on friend after Quickmatching
- Fix for the Uzi's weapon license cost, setting it to the correct value of $50,000
- Fix for X360 players being unable to invite friends while playing Rescue
- Fix for a rare crash in the Customize screen
- All platforms, miscellaneous low frequency crash fixes
- Conquest tickets increased (CQL 999, CQS 600)
- Greatly decreased nearby bullet impact flinch; your aimpoint will not shift from rounds striking the environment near you
- Fixed some issues with FLIR/IRNV
- RPG reduced to 1 ammo from back of cars, with smaller explosion radius overall thus requiring more skill to use effectively
- TDM friendzones have been adjusted for better spawning
- Rescue / Crosshair exploit where players could skip the round start time by hitting START or ESC has been fixed
- Couch health reduced and repair rate decreased to a miniscule amount, making the Couch the one-off it was intended
- Player should no longer Quickmatch into servers with unsupported numbers of players
- K10: Reduce max damage to 33 and min damage to 8
- Saiga and PTR: reduce recoil to bring more in line with Cop faction DMRs
- HCAR and HK51: reduce recoil to bring more in line with SCAR-H and SA-58
- .410 Jury: Increase damage per pellet to become more effective
- FMG-9: increase damage per round to 25 and push out falloff start range to make these weapons more effective
- Battlerifle min damage increased to 25 across the board
- AKM min damage reduced to 24
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org