Battlefield Hardline Dev Talks Single-Player Campaign Length, More
Visceral Games offers new details about the upcoming shooter's single-player campaign, which will span ten total chapters.
Xur Is Selling Joker's Wild Exotics (Where Is Xur? 8/16-8/20) Borderlands 3's FL4K Is Great For Solo Play Thanks To Their Very Good Boys Fortnite Season 10: Spray A Fountain, Junkyard Crane, And Vending Machine Guide | Spray & Pray Challenges Fortnite Season 10: Visit Cube Memorials Near Desert And Lake Location Guide | Worlds Collide Challenges Return To Resident Evil 2 Remake - Resident Kinevil Fortnite Season 10: Finding 5 Lost Spray Cans Guide | Spray & Pray Challenges Pokemon Go Gets Water Festival And Two Shiny Pokemon - GS News Update Rick And Morty Rewind: Season 2 Episode 3 - Auto Erotic Assimilation Breakdown! Ewan McGregor In Talks For Star Wars Obi-Wan TV Show - GS Universe News Update Nintendo Switch Getting Two New Physical Releases - GS News Update Inside The Taco Bell Hotel & Resort Nightwolf Is Out In Mortal Kombat 11, So Let's Fight! | GameSpot Community Fridays
Much of the discussion so far surrounding Battlefield Hardline has been around the game's multiplayer mode. It's a Battlefield game, so that makes sense. But Hardline has a single-player mode, too, which developer Visceral Games talked a lot more about today.
Creative director Ian Milham answered questions about Hardline's single-player mode today on Twitter. He touched on a variety of subjects, including the campaign's overall length, inspirations, and lots more. Below is a roundup of some of his most interesting comments.
- There are ten episodes in the Hardline single-player campaign.
- Some of these episodes will be under an hour long, while some will be more than an hour.
- Visceral is considering adding more chapters later as DLC.
- Weapons unlocked in single-player don't carry over to multiplayer, but some other "stuff" will.
- The decisions you make in the campaign won't be specifically moral.
- You play as one character in the campaign, but you will get to see both sides of the conflict.
- Don't expect many quicktime events.
- The campaign features Isaac Clarke/Dead Space Easter Eggs.
- The tone is inspired by the novels of Elmore Leonard, including works based on those novels such as Justified, Out of Sight, and Jackie Brown.
- Other inspirations include the works of film director Michael Mann, including Heat and Miami Vice.
- There will be references to previous Battlefield games in the campaign.
- The story itself is linear, but gameplay is more sandbox-style.
The Hardline release date is March 17 in the US and March 20 in the UK on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PC. The game was originally scheduled to launch in October 2014, but publisher Electronic Arts later delayed the game so it could add "more innovation." EA Access members, meanwhile, can play Hardline starting March 12 on Xbox One.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org