Battlefield Hardline Dev Talks Single-Player Campaign Length, More
Visceral Games offers new details about the upcoming shooter's single-player campaign, which will span ten total chapters.
How the Nintendo Switch SAVED Nintendo Firearms Expert Reacts To Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun’s Guns Why We're Worried About Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake Aliens: Dark Descent - Gameplay Overview Trailer Destiny 2: Season of the Deep - Ghosts of The Deep Dungeon Trailer Street Fighter 6 Character Guide | JP Forspoken - In Tanta We Trust Launch Trailer [REDACTED] - Announce Teaser Alone in the Dark | Official THQ Spotlight Trailer Battlefield 2042 | Season 5: New Dawn Gameplay Trailer Daemon X Machina Titanic Scion Teaser Trailer Diablo IV | Launch Live Action Trailer
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
By clicking 'enter', you agree to GameSpot's
Much of the discussion so far surrounding Battlefield Hardline has been around the game's multiplayer mode. It's a Battlefield game, so that makes sense. But Hardline has a single-player mode, too, which developer Visceral Games talked a lot more about today.
Creative director Ian Milham answered questions about Hardline's single-player mode today on Twitter. He touched on a variety of subjects, including the campaign's overall length, inspirations, and lots more. Below is a roundup of some of his most interesting comments.
- There are ten episodes in the Hardline single-player campaign.
- Some of these episodes will be under an hour long, while some will be more than an hour.
- Visceral is considering adding more chapters later as DLC.
- Weapons unlocked in single-player don't carry over to multiplayer, but some other "stuff" will.
- The decisions you make in the campaign won't be specifically moral.
- You play as one character in the campaign, but you will get to see both sides of the conflict.
- Don't expect many quicktime events.
- The campaign features Isaac Clarke/Dead Space Easter Eggs.
- The tone is inspired by the novels of Elmore Leonard, including works based on those novels such as Justified, Out of Sight, and Jackie Brown.
- Other inspirations include the works of film director Michael Mann, including Heat and Miami Vice.
- There will be references to previous Battlefield games in the campaign.
- The story itself is linear, but gameplay is more sandbox-style.
The Hardline release date is March 17 in the US and March 20 in the UK on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PC. The game was originally scheduled to launch in October 2014, but publisher Electronic Arts later delayed the game so it could add "more innovation." EA Access members, meanwhile, can play Hardline starting March 12 on Xbox One.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com
Join the conversation