Battlefield 4 on PS4 and PC gets another patch tomorrow
Among other fixes, this patch gets rid of the "one-hit kill" bug. Xbox One patch coming later in the week.
Battlefield 4 has had a rocky start with users reporting stability issues and frequent crashes, and there was even a DDoS attack on the game's servers. Electronic Arts CEO has responded to the problems, and the game started a double XP weekend to try and appease affected players, but even with frequent patches, Battlefield 4's official forums are still filled with new threads detailing problems and crashes.
For the PC and PS4 at least, some of those issues should get fixed tomorrow with yet another patch. Developer DICE posted on the official Battlefield forums to let players know that: "This update was scheduled to go live as quickly as possible to fix the so-called 'one-shot kill bug,' where bullets were sometimes applying damage multiple times to a character. We are simultaneously working hard on a number of top issues that we will address as soon as possible in the next update that we will be able to detail later."
The update for Xbox One and PS3 is slated to go live sometime later this week.
The specific list of PS4 fixes include:
- Fixed the "one-hit kill" bug where bullets were sometimes applying their damage multiple times to a character. This could lead to firefights where normal rifles sometimes dealt one-shot kills, which is not as designed.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when having a very large amounts of Friends
- Enabled audio in PS4 video captures
Here is the list of PC fixes:
- Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks
- Fixed the audio bug where audio sometimes randomly dropped out while playing on certain multiplayer maps (typically Golmud Railway and Hainan Resort)
- Fixed the "one-hit kill bug" where occasionally damage from a single bullet was applied multiple times
- Fixed a common crash that would occur when exiting from the Single Player Campaign to Main Menu
- Tweaked the network and computer performance screen to show proper values. Players can now test their computer and network connection and get recommendations if they need to adjust something to improve their gameplay experience
If you're a Battlefield 4 player, how has your experience been so far? Let us know in the comments below.
Every 10/10 Game In GameSpot's History Best Mobile Games Of 2019 Free Guy - Official Trailer Naughty Dog Boss Talks PS5 & PlayStation History - GS News Update Netflix In December 2019 - Best New Movies And TV Shows To Watch! Destiny 2 - Where Is Xur? Exotic Vendor Location Guide (12/6 - 12/10) Next BioShock Game Announced From New Studio - GS News Update Ghostbusters: Afterlife - Official Trailer Bayonetta And Vanquish 10th Anniversary Remaster Bundle Announcement Trailer Why Is The Revolver So Iconic? - Loadout Castle Rock Season 2 Episode 9 Easter Eggs & Story Breakdown | "Caveat Emptor" The Mandalorian Episode 5 - All The Star Wars Easter Eggs in Chapter 5 "The Gunslinger"
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org