Battlefield 2042 Patch Notes Revealed For Big Season 4 Update
Season 4 launches February 28, and it's a big one.
EA and DICE are looking to the future of Battlefield with a new single-player campaign and multiplayer experience, but the developer isn't finished supporting Battlefield 2042 just yet. Season 4: Eleventh Hour launches on February 28, and DICE has now posted the patch notes (see them below).
Season 4 adds a new map, Flashpoint, as well as a new Specialist character named Camila Blasco. There is a vehicle, the CAV-Brawler, and new guns in the form of the AC9 SMG, RM68 Assault Rifle, RPT-31 LMG, and Super 500 Shotgun. A new gadget, SPH Explosive Launcher, is in the new season, too, as well as weapons from past games coming to Battlefield 2042 like the SVD and Type 88 LMG. There is a new battle pass coming to Battlefield 2042 with Season 4 as well.
Season 4 launches at 1 AM PT / 4 AM ET on February 28, with seasonal and battle pass progression beginning that same day at 4 AM PT / 7 AM ET. The new battle pass includes 100 tiers, through which players can unlock new hardware, cosmetics, and player card items, among other things. Check out the graphic below to see what's included in the new Battlefield 2042 battle pass.
In terms of the patch notes, the 4.0 update fixes a number of issues including a problem that could cause the visuals of a ping to display incorrectly and an issue where vehicle icons could flicker when looking at the map. There are also some fun changes to look forward to, including penguins on the Breakway map falling into a hole near B1. You can see the full patch notes below, as shared by DICE on its website.
Season 4 is not the end of DICE's support for Battlefield 2042, as a fifth season has already been announced.
2021's Battlefield 2042 didn't land the way EA and DICE might have wanted, and management previously discussed the range of issues that led to this. The series remains a juggernaut, though, as 2042 was one of the best-selling games in the US in 2021.
Battlefield 2042 Patch Notes
- The End of Round sequence now explains what will happen after this transition phase. For example, if you switch sides if you stay in the lobby. You’ll now also be presented with a prompt to confirm if you’d like to exit - this will help reduce accidental quitting to the main menu.
- Fixed issue where reaching Extraction Streak 3 in Hazard Zone with Crawford and Zain wouldn't unlock the Risk Worth Taking Player Card Background
- Fixed an issue that would cause vehicle icons to flicker while the big map was open.
- Increasing the size of the minimap will no longer also increase the size of the icons.
- Added an option to allow customization of the scale of the minimap icons.
- Added an option for the scale of the minimap icons to scale with the view distance of the minimap (Enabled by Default).
- Fixed an issue that was causing the visuals of a ping to display incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where the base circle VFX on a location ping was sometimes missing.
As part of update 3.2.0 and the Return to the Class System the Default Mappings for Controller Layouts were updated to accommodate the addition of the new Class Gadget slot, and accompanying gameplay changes. Due to these changes we’ll need to reset Custom Layouts for controllers. As part of this update we’ll reset the following binding options in order to avoid any further conflict with the new default layouts:
- Throw Grenade
- Switch Primary Weapon / Open Plus Menu
- Plus Menu Navigation (Choosing of Attachments)
We encourage you to familiarize yourself with these changes and to update and re-customize your controls prior to jumping into a match.
- Portal - Battlefield 3 - Fixed an issue with the SMAW / RPG-7V2 where the rocket was deflected into the ground when the user was shooting into a fence.
- Portal - Battlefield 3 - Fixed an issue where the SFX for detonation was not functioning properly when using a C4 remote detonation.
- Custom Portal experiences that have PvP AI (but not PvE) and no other change than to the map list will have Ribbons XP enabled, Mastery Progression up to Tier 12 and Weekly Missions enabled instead of the usual Restricted XP.
- The Penguins have filled in a hole near B1 where players were unable to get out of if they had fallen victim to it. Pesky penguins.
- Fixed a visual issue with the billowing smoke from the two silos near the waste pools.
- Fixed an issue where sector lines between Sectors D and C were overlapping while playing Conquest.
- Fixed an issue where players were sometimes spawned within a container on FFA and Gun Master FFA modes.
- Fixed an issue where the cinematic camera during the intro would sometimes behave incorrectly on Conquest.
- Fixed an issue while playing Conquest Assault where a player was spawned OOB when trying to deploy on the “A” Capture Point.
- Improved the consistency of Melee takedowns for standing and crouching soldiers.
- Improved prone behavior on steep slopes.
- Improved zipline behavior when a vehicle was parked near the same location as the zipline.
- Fixed an issue which would sometimes cause the camera to become stuck while using a ladder.
- Fixed an issue which was causing audio to play from the wrong direction while in a downed state.
- Fixed an issue that caused the icon of selected weapons to disappear when climbing a ladder.
- Fixed an issue that caused Casper's OVP-Recon Drone to be able to destroy certain map objects it wasn't intended to.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in no health bar being present while repairing Boris’ Sentry Gun and Ranger whilst playing as Crawford.
- Fixed an issue that caused the throwing knife to generate a ricochet bullet when hitting Dozer's Ballistic Shield
- Fixed an issue that caused shockwaves from explosions to interrupt Falck's self-heal interaction.
- Reduced the maximum range of Lis' G-84 TGM from 600m to 475m.
- Reduced the boost speed of Lis' G-84 TGM from 150m/s to 110m/s.
- Tightened the turning angles of Lis' G-84 TGM.
- Adjusted the input clamping when boosting with G-84 TGM in accordance to the new turning angles.
- Reduced the acceleration modifier when boosting with Lis G-84 TGM from 1.85x force to 1.15x force.
Dev Comment: With these adjustments we're looking to push Lis into having a higher skill ceiling (more skill required to master) and also ease up on the vehicle player experience.
The turning adjustments introduced in this update will make it so the missile will be less agile, hindering its ability greatly to double-back on itself after an initial miss
The boost acceleration & speed reductions will now enable vehicle players more of a chance to react to an inbound missile.
Also we want players to have a clear target they wish to attack with the TGM before it has been fired which we saw was not the case in update 3.2.1, these turning changes combined with the boost acceleration, speed and max range reductions are targeted to address this.
- Fixed an issue that caused Paik to be unable to use her EMG-X Scanner in passenger seats
- Fixed an issue where the sound which would play when updating the airburst distance from Zains’ XM370A Airburst Rifle was being triggered in instances where it shouldn’t.
- Fixed an issue where the EMP Grenade did not disable some vehicular weaponry or trigger any visual VFX as intended.
- Fixed an issue where some Gadgets were able to hit enemy soldiers through autonomous gates
- Fixed an issue where using the T-UGS would cause unwanted screenshake.
- Fixed an issue where the SFX for the detonation remote on C5 would not play properly.
- The Assault will now be able to carry a maximum of two Med Pens. Upon spawn, you will still have one available to you.
- Fixed an issue with the M18 Claymore so that it has a forward facing explosion exclusively.
- The M18 Claymore will no longer be capable of destroying building walls, this is to bring it more in line with its intent
- Adjusted the AT Mine so that it blends into the terrain better.
- Fixed issue where damaging a player-operated Mounted Vulcan would result in receiving Vehicle Assist XP when a teammate destroyed it
- Location pings will no longer display when pinging a neutral Mounted Vulcan.
- Fixed an issue where Air Radar was present while the minimap is disabled.
- Updated the crosshair for the UAV-1 Drone.
- Fixed an issue with the Active Protection System on vehicles that would sometimes cause VFX to apply twice on successful interception.
- Fixed an issue where vehicle wheels would sometimes move while in an elevator.
- Fixed an issue that caused both crosshairs on the M5C Bolte to show hit markers when the missiles were equipped.
- Updated the rangefinder in vehicles to go to 100+ instead of 200+
- Using a knife on a light vehicle now has a reduced impact, we’ve previously stated that we haven’t invented adamantium for knives and that is still the case.
- Fixed an issue which would sometimes cause tracers to spawn offset while firing the Canister Pod on vehicles.
- Enabled threat detection system audio cue for passengers in EMKV90-TOR as intended.
- While piloting or driving a vehicle, lock-on sounds will no longer play for any passengers.
- APS will no longer remain active after a vehicle has been hacked.
- Brake lights on vehicles have had their brightness toned down while on Stranded.
- Made lift and drag improvements on the aileron and elevator areas of Jet Aircraft to allow for smoother pitching.
- Improved pitch down to now turn faster than pitching up as intended.
- VTOL mode will now correctly activate and deactivate for the F35 and Condor
- Made adjustments to the F35 turning rate to be more in line, and in competition against the SU-57 Felon.
- Fixed a visual issue that was present on the PKS-07 scope while ADS'ing.
- Fixed an issue where using a Bipod against any surface would decrease dispersion by 40% instead of the intended 20%.
- Fixed an issue where weapon stats were sometimes showing up in both the pros and cons fields within the collection menu.
- The AC-42 will no longer clip through the screen when opening the Plus Menu.
- Fixed an issue where the MTAR-21 had the incorrect headshot multiplier.
- The MTAR-21 heavy barrel attachment now affects recoil, dispersion, bullet velocity and ROF.
- Fixed issue where the MTAR-21 didn't display Burst as an available fire mode in the weapon details.
- Fixed an issue where the M416 had the incorrect headshot multiplier.
- NVK-22 no longer has a broken reload animation while supplying.
- NVK-22 will no longer shoot 2 times if holding the fire button during the reload animation.
- The XM8 LMG now has the correct magazine count.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.