Battlefield 2042 Known Issues List: Here's All The Bugs To Expect
Battlefield 2042 is just about to launch.
Battlefield 2042 is launching very soon--in some parts of the world, it's already live and available--and DICE is now warning people about some of the bugs, issues, and other problems they can expect to encounter upon booting up the game.
In a blog post, DICE said its development teams worked "extremely hard" to make Battlefield 2042 look and feel as smooth as possible. But, "No launch is ever without is flaws," the studio said.
With that in mind, and to temper expectations for launch, EA outlined some of the top known issues, and you can see them all below. Players can report issues to the studio by visiting the Battlefield 2042 bug report section. Account-related issues should be reported to EA Help.
The Breakway map is experiencing "rubberbanding" issues under some circumstances, while there is a problem with Breakthrough mode specifically preventing players from spawning on B1 when it's contested. The Discarded map, meanwhile, is experiencing problems with "visual flickering" on PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X|S. On the Manifest map's Weather Station location, DICE warns that the visual flickering on PS5 specifically is so bad that it could be a real problem for people with photsensitive conditions.
On all platforms, Battlefield 2042 has "miscellaneous issues" that can cause players to become stuck in the world geometry. For progression, DICE says your rank displayed in the bottom right of the main menu might not always show your real rank. Additionally, weapon skins that you have unlocked might still show an incomplete progress bar--you need to restart to fix this.
Additionally, there is a bug causing parachutes to remain open even after a player has landed. You can see a full rundown of all the known issues with Battlefield 2042 below. Issues designated with a * have fixes in the works, DICE said.
Battlefield 2042 officially releases on November 19, but people who buy the Gold or Ultimate editions can start playing on November 12, which is also when the game's 10-hour trial for EA Play and Game Pass unlocks. Check out GameSpot's Battlefield 2042 unlock time guide to learn more.
For more, check out GameSpot's Battlefield 2042 review in progress.
- All Platforms - We have identified some server instances of rubberbanding when the big silos on Breakaway are destroyed*
- All Platforms - On the mode Breakthrough, players will be unable to spawn on B1 while it is contested*
- All Platforms - Bridge destruction states have a tendency to desync if the player joins at a late stage in the round*
- All Platforms - On the mode, Breakthrough, players will be unable to spawn on B1 while it is contested*
- PC, Xbox Series X|S & PlayStation 5 - There are some rare instances of visual flickering while playing on Discarded*
- PlayStation 5 - Within the Weather Station on Manifest, while the building is in a destroyed state there are rare instances that can cause severe flickering of our lighting systems, which has the potential to trigger those with Photosensitive Conditions*
- All Platforms - We are aware of some miscellaneous issues causing players to become stuck within world geometry*
- Several of these are being fixed for a patch after launch, please continue to report any scenario where you get stuck in the maps!
- All Platforms - In some situations, Bots are unable to revive downed players*
- All Platforms - We’re aware of Ranger malfunctioning when ordered over some obstacles, and we are working to improve this.
- All Platforms - Ranger can become non-responsive to “Go To” orders if the player is far away from Ranger, and we are similarly working to improve this.
- All Platforms - The Lock-on sound effect for helicopters can continue after the Helicopter has been destroyed*
User Interface & Messaging
- All Platforms - There is currently no error message to indicate to the player that the game is still installing*
- All Platforms - Subtitles are not present on video tutorials even if the subtitle setting is ON*
- Battlefield Portal - Loadouts have a slight tendency to not save when entering or leaving a match*
- Battlefield Hazard Zone - When starting a second round, unlocks from the previous round are triggered during the intro sequence*
- All Platforms - When returning back to the main menu after a match, Specialist’s textures may be slow to load*
- All Platforms - The "Vertical Sync" option does not have any effect when activated while using a 144hz monitor*
- All Platforms - "View Profile" option is not present in "Search EA ID" between same-platform Xbox Series S|X and PlayStation 5 players*
- All Platforms - We’re aware of a unique situation where accounts that have access to Battlefield 2042 across multiple platforms may cause Cross Play Friends to not appear*
- All Platforms - The attackers playercard doesn't load after getting killed by another player*
- All Platforms - Sprint/Boost hint text is currently misleading*
Progression & Unlocks
- All Platforms - The rank displayed in the bottom right of the Main Menu does not always update with the player's actual rank achieved after an Online session.
- We’re working to resolve this issue and will follow up with further updates at a later time.
- All Platforms - Weapon Skins are unlocked but will show an incomplete progress bar until the game has been restarted*
- Restarting the game will fix this for you, however a fix has been made for an upcoming update.
- All Platforms - All Locked Character / Weapon / Vehicle skins are missing their Mastery Rank target*
- All Platforms - The “Fly Not Ye Cowards” Playercard Art unlock objective is currently incorrect, you will need to visit two locations on El Alamein, in the same life, to unlock this*
- All Platforms - EMP Mine is currently incorrectly labelled. We will be renaming this to EMP Grenades at a later date.
- All Platforms - Some skins are applying over weapon charms.
- We’re working to fix this as soon as possible.
- All Platforms - The Mastery bar won't show for hardware items until T5 is unlocked*
- PlayStation 5 - The Med-Pen Mastery Badge is not currently tracking progress after Rank 25*
- PlayStation 5 - Captain Caspian Playercard Background is not unlocked after completing its criteria*
Weapons & Gadgets
- All Platforms - Players are currently unable to deploy the OV-P Recon Drone while prone*
- PC - The OV-P Recon Drone is not currently locking onto enemy targets or vehicles*
XDR Holo Sight
- All Platforms - We’re aware of some instances of flickering when ADS with the XDR Holo Sight*
- All Platforms - On rare occasions, vertical aiming in a vehicle can be inoperable upon vehicle entry*
- All Platforms - Some vehicles may not have controller vibration when used*
- All Platforms - We’re aware of some vehicles not having RTAO (Ray-traced Ambient Occlusion)*
- All Platforms - Rockets from the MD540 Nightbird that impact the ground can sometimes appear as being frozen*
- All Platforms - Parachutes sometimes remain open, even after the player has landed.
- This will be improved upon in an upcoming update.
- PC - We’re aware of players experiencing an issue with mouse input when it comes to selecting a Specialist within Hazard Zone
- While we are working to resolve this in an upcoming patch, players can bypass this by selecting their chosen Specialist with the spacebar.
- All Platforms - Players are currently unable to revive downed teammates if they are inside the MV38-Condor (at Extraction Point)*
- All Platforms - We’re aware of some rare instances of the Extraction Streak not updating after multiple extractions have taken place*
- Battlefield Builder / Web - We're aware of messaging taking place upon the creation of an Experience that suggests you were "Unable to Create" the Experience. This is incorrect, the Experience is created, and refreshing your page will resolve this. - We are working to resolve this as soon as possible.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.