Battlefield 1's "Battlefest" Begins Today, Offers Free Dog Tags, Weapon Skins, and More
Battlefest runs until November 27.
Following the release of Battlefield 1's major Fall update on Tuesday, EA has now kicked off a new event for the World War I shooter called "Battlefest."
One part of the event are giveaways. Everyone who simply logs into Battlefield 1 between November 16 and November 27 will get a special Battlefest dog tag--check it out in the image below. This dog tag will not be handed out until November 28, developer DICE clarified in a blog post. Everyone who signed up for the free Battlefield Insider service before November 16 gets a special Insider dog tag that will be awarded the next time you log into the game.
Additionally, DICE today added new custom games to Battlefield 1 in the form of Fog of War and Hardcore. You can find these in the Custom Games menu.
Battlefest rolls out in the days ahead with more in-game events and giveaways, for Battlefield 1 as well as Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, and Battlefield 3. The full rundown of events is below, as written by EA.
Thursday, November 17
- PTFO Battlefest Mission: Complete this Battlefield 1 mission and you will receive the PTFO weapon skin. Play Battlefield 1 on three different days during Battlefest and win a match in Operations to succeed.
- Road to Battlefield 1 Mission: This is for the Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline players. Get 25 kills with the M1911 in either game to get the Road to Battlefield 1 Dog Tag and the M1911 Incarcerator weapon skin in Battlefield 1.
- Battlefest Battlepack Update: A new and Battlefest-branded revision of Battlepacks will be available.
Friday, November 18
- Black Friday Sale: Get a great deal on Battlefield 1 and other EA games at your favorite online distributor.
- #FridayNightBattlefield Battlefest: Want to melee a Battlefield 1 developer? We've prepped a ton of servers for this special #FridayNightBattlefield and an exclusive Friday Night Dog Tag will be handed out at this event.
- 2XP Event: Battlefield Hardline and Battlefield 4 players will get double XP when playing on November 18.
Sunday, November 20
- Battlefest Community Videos: Learn to PTFO by some of the most renowned Battlefield community members.
Wednesday, November 23
- Veteran Dog Tag: This Battlefield 1 Dog Tag will be rewarded to all players who played Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, or Battlefield Hardline.
- CTE Veteran Dog Tag: This Dog Tag will be rewarded to players who have been part of the Community Test Environment on Battlefield 4 or Battlefield Hardline.
Friday, November 25
- #FridayNightBattlefield Battlefest: Another action-packed Friday Night where you get to play Battlefield 1 with the DICE devs.
- 2XP Event: Battlefield Hardline and Battlefield 4 players will get double XP when playing on November 25.
In other Battlefield 1 news, EA said during an earnings call this month that the game's total player base after its first week was "nearly double" that of Battlefield 4 during its launch week. After that, EA confirmed that Battlefield 1 was the biggest launch in DICE's history--check out more stats here.