Battlefield 1 Update Released; Check Out the Patch Notes
Don't worry if it looks like you've lost class rank after the update.
Following a brief period of maintenance overnight, Battlefield 1 is back online today with a new update.
As detailed in the patch notes, this update deals primarily with bug fixes--you won't find any new features or improvements to its shoddy menus. Both single-player and multiplayer issues have been resolved, as have various glitches and crashes.
There is one fix in particular that you'll want to be aware of before jumping back in to play: an error that caused incorrect class ranks to display has been fixed. This means you could potentially find yourself at a lower class rank than when you played before the update. If that's the case, you haven't actually lost any rank--what you see now is what you should have been previously. Regardless, if you unlocked anything while mistakenly shown a higher rank, you won't lose access to it as a result of this adjustment.
One thing that seemingly has not been addressed is an incredible bug that turns a crashing zeppelin into a giant fire tornado.
You can find the complete patch notes at the bottom of this post. The bulk of them apply to all platforms, but there are some platform-specific changes, particularly for those playing on PC.
For those looking to gain an edge in multiplayer, check out our roundup of helpful tips in Battlefield 1.
Battlefield 1 October 24 Patch Notes
- Fix for one common and one uncommon client crash.
- Fixed a potential soft freeze in single player campaign connected to AI.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced getting stuck in the globe screen when cancelling matchmaking.
- Fixed an issue when trying to join multiple servers.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced weapon skins not being removed when scrapping items.
- Fixed an issue where players were missing "The Insider" Dog Tag.
- Tweaked calculations of values in End of Round.
- Fixed issue where Class Rank was incorrect.
- Note: This fix may result in players going down in Class Rank to the correct rank. In this scenario, any unlocks purchased at a higher and incorrect rank will not be lost.
- PC: Fixed an occasional crash when a user shutdown the game.
- PC: Fixed an issue where players experienced troubles with A and X button functionality on PC while using an Xbox One controller.
- PC: Fixed an issue where players experienced crashing while closing the client during streaming installation.
- Xbox One: Fix for the "Trench Raider" Dog Tag not unlocking on Xbox One.
- Fixed two issues in the "Through Mud and Blood" War Story where no new objectives would appear.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced wrong info in loading screen.
- Fixed an issue where players were missing the Dog Tag counter.
- Fixed an issue where English text would appear for players in non-English regions.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced a placeholder image when opening the Operations menu for the first time.
- PC: Fixed an issue where players were missing an option to display controller button prompts.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced End of Round screen not loading.
- Fixed a crash related to soldier animation.
- Fixed a graphical glitch when exiting a War Story and going to the main menu.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced player icon overlapping while matchmaking on console.
- PC: Temporal anti-aliasing is now the default anti-aliasing mode on medium graphics quality.
- PC: Fix for a graphical issue causing artifacts in shadows.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.