Battlefield 1 Test Server Updated With These Changes
Plus, DICE launches official servers in South Africa, the Middle East, and Hong Kong.
DICE has posted the initial patch notes for Battlefield 1's newest update to the game's Community Test Environment (CTE), which is a testing server of sorts. Features and balance changes are tested on the CTE before being made available to all players.
Today's patch notes cover things like resupply changes (the resupply timers for grenades are being extended to prevent "excessive use"), tweaks for a number of weapons, and a huge nerf for fighter and attack planes. With the update applied, plane impact damage is reduced by 50 percent for fighter/attack planes and 40 percent for bombers. You can see a full rundown of the CTE patch notes below. Bear in mind that DICE could decide to roll back these changes or adjust them in other ways before release.
Battlefield producer David Sirland said on Twitter that the CTE will also feature some "seriously awesome maps." This sounds like a reference to the new maps coming to Battlefield 1 through the upcoming expansion, They Shall Not Pass, which arrives in March.
In other Battlefield 1 news, DICE is launching official PC, PS4, and Xbox One servers for South Africa, the Middle East, and Hong Kong today. People in those regions should experience lower latency than before. The new datacenters are located in Johannesburg, Dubai, and Hong Kong.
"We will keep monitoring latency levels and geographical coverage for the Battlefield franchise and are committed to delivering the best experience for all our players worldwide," DICE said.
Battlefield 1 CTE Patch Notes (February 21)
As part of an ongoing effort to address excessive use of explosive gadgets and grenades, we changed the way grenades resupply for this release. The goal for these changes is to reduce the amount of grenades available while getting constantly resupplied, as it is common in choke points, without making resupplies unnecessarily long in other gameplay.
- Similar to some gadgets, all grenades slowly resupply when out of ammo. This resupply is greatly sped up when near an ammo crate.
The resupply timers are as follows:
- Frag: 36 seconds
- Light AT: 36 seconds
- Impact: 36 seconds
- Incendiary: 36 seconds
- Gas: 27 seconds
- Mini: 24 seconds
- Smoke: 18 seconds
- Resupplies are 3 times as fast near ammo crates
- Reduced Smoke, Gas and Mini Grenade ammo from 2 to 1
- Ammo pouches currently no longer resupply grenades
CORE GAMEPLAY CHANGES
WEAPONS AND GADGETS
- Decreased horizontal recoil from 0.7 to 0.3
- Full accuracy is reached one shot earlier
- Fixed an issue where the MG 08/15 would overheat much faster on PS4 and XB1 than on PC and set the new overheat threshold to 67 bullets
Fixed bad reload timers on M1911 Extended:
- Tactical reload time increased from 1.4 to 1.6 s
- Empty reload time increased from 2.3 to 2.6 s
- Reload threshold reduced from 1.1 to 0.78 s
Fixed staged reload timers
- M1903 Experimental:
- Reduced rate of fire from 450 to 360
Increased close range damage, allowing it to kill a healthy soldier with 4 hits within 16 meters
Self-Loading Rifles and Pieper M1893:
- Made recoil decrease smoother
- Most recoil values were tweaked, but are not comparable to previous releases
- Updated the way the CONTROL value is calculated to better represent the amount of recoil that players have to compensate for
- Fixed an issue where spread would reset too quickly after firing
- Reduced base spread increase per shot of self-loading rifles from 0.25 to 0.2
- Decreased base spread decrease per second from 3.75 to 3
- Decreased the spread increase per shot bonus in ADS that Marksman, Sniper and Optical versions get to maintain the old effective spread increase per shot values of 0.125
- Added a small bonus to spread decrease per second for Marksman, Sniper and Optical versions
Reduced the number of magazines carried by the M97 Trench Gun by 1
- Increased moving hipfire dispersion by 0.25 degrees
- Fixed incorrect CONTROL values for Low Weight LMGs
- Reduced first shot recoil multiplier from 1.9 to 1.8
- Reduced horizontal recoil from 0.6 to 0.55
- Reduced vertical recoil from 0.38 to 0.35
- Reduced Experimental third shot recoil multiplier from 1.8 to 1.5
- Doubled Experimental spread decrease per second in ADS
- Reduced vertical recoil from 0.44 to 0.40
- Increased horizontal recoil from 0.8 to 1.2
- Increased Trench and Storm first shot recoil multiplier from 2.65 to 2.8
- Decreased Factory first shot recoil recoil multiplier from 2.65 to 2.33
- Increased Factory recoil decrease from 12 to 16
Increased Frommer Stop Auto horizontal recoil from 1.0 to 1.2
- Increased 1915 horizontal recoil from 0.8 to 0.95
- Overheating now cancels ADS
- Increased moving hipfire dispersion by 0.25 degrees
- Increased Impact grenade minimum time before explosion from 0.7 to 1.0 seconds
- Increased Incendiary grenade minimum time before explosion from 0.67 to 1.3 seconds
- Increased Mini Grenade damage from 65 to 72
- Decreased inner blast radius Light AT Grenades from 2.0 to 1.5
Decreased inner blast radius Assault AT Grenades to 1.5 from 2.0 Reduced Tripwire INC ammo from 2 to 1 to better account for its high damage and AOE
- The crossbow launcher now regenerates all its ammo even when not reloaded
- Increased autoreplenish time from 15 to 25 seconds
K bullets now resupply in 2 s rather than 5
Reduced suppression by friendly gas and prevented coughing at low levels of gas suppression
- Removed blast and impact impulse to prevent them from pushing and rotating planes
- Reduced impact damage to planes by 50% for fighters and attack planes and by 40% for bombers
- Reduced A7V flamethrower range from 44 to 24 meters to better match the VFX
- Reduced A7V flamethrower speed inheritance and velocity and increased time to live for more predictable behavior
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.