Battlefield 1 Summer Update Out Now; Here Are The Patch Notes
Return to the battlefield this summer.
EA DICE continues to support 2016's Battlefield 1. A summer update makes several patches to the first-person shooter that fans have been asking for, as well as gameplay changes to improve the overall experience.
The load time when going into the soldier customization screen has been reduced, as have the number of disconnects when trying to join a server. The update also fixes the issues that caused map vote results to not be respected, squad boosts to occasionally start counting down during the pre-round phase, and players already in a queue being blocked from joining a match. Battlefield 1 also now reinforces the result of the map vote even after the game server migrates to a different host.
Battlefield 1's new update also rebalances the Shock Operations for Lupkow Pass, Zeebrugge, and Prise de Tahure. For Lupkow Pass, the changes make the first sector easier on everyone and reduce the impact of the Behemoth. On Zeebrugge, the changes improve the experience for Attackers on the first sector. For Prise de Tahure, the changes address Attackers stealing Defender kits and Defenders stealing Attacker "comeback" kits.
Battlefield 1 also now supports 4K resolution rendering on Xbox One X.
The remaining changes address weapons, gadgets, vehicles, and the user interface/user experience. We've outlined the highlights below, and the full patch notes can be found on Battlefield's blog.
Battlefield 1 Summer Update
Weapons, Gadgets, and Vehicles
- M1903 Experimental now has an alternative fire mode.
- Fixed an issue where vehicle laid Anti-Tank Mines would have difficulty detecting vehicles.
- Adjusted the reload time of the C96 pistol when loading single bullets to better match its animation.
- Fixed instances where players could grief teammates using shell type weaponry such as mortars and AA guns.
- Friendly flares will now display their spotting radius to teammates, allowing for better coordination between recon players.
- Fixed issue where damage that resulted in score < 0.5 wasn’t messaged to players. Score < 0.5 from damage is now rounded up, granting at least 1 point of score.
User Interface/User Experience
- Added gameplay options for adjusting color and visibility of the lens sight reticle.
- Added gameplay options to show compass bearing numbers on the mini-map and the big map.
- Added video options for adjusting the screen safe are width and height on PC (Xbox One and PlayStation 4 already have those).
- Moved the objective world icon names from below the world icons to above those to reduce UI clutter and obstruction of the player view over soldiers near the objectives.
- Added gameplay options for adjusting the visibility of the 3D objective and soldier names separate from the icons.
- The world icon customization gameplay options now work in spectator mode too.
- Added gameplay options for adjusting the crosshair size and the hit indicator size.
- Added gameplay options for adjusting the visibility of the receiving damage HUD panel. Added gameplay options for adjusting the size and visibility of HUD elements.
- Fixed an issue with dog tags sometimes showing up blank in kill cards or when completing a melee kill.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org