Batman Arkham Knight Dev Responds to DLC Pass Criticism, Reveals Playable Batgirl
Warner Bros. sheds some light on $40 Season Pass.
Every 10/10 Game In GameSpot's History Best Mobile Games Of 2019 Naughty Dog Boss Talks PS5 & PlayStation History - GS News Update Netflix In December 2019 - Best New Movies And TV Shows To Watch! Destiny 2 - Where Is Xur? Exotic Vendor Location Guide (12/6 - 12/10) Final 2019 State Of Play Stream Coming Soon - GS News Update Next BioShock Game Announced From New Studio - GS News Update Pokemon-Inspired MMO Temtem Launches In 2020 - GS News Update 10 New Games Will Be Announced At The Game Awards - GS News Update Bayonetta & Vanquish 4K Remasters Leaked - GS News Update Modern Warfare Season One Update Adds New Multiplayer Maps & Missions - GS News Update Cyberpunk 2077 Map Possibly Revealed - GS News Update
Last week Warner Bros. and Rocksteady Studios announced that Batman: Arkham Knight will get a $40 Season Pass, which some fans thought was too expensive considering the little information the developer and publisher revealed about what it will include. Last night, Warner Bros. responded to the criticism, and also revealed that the game will include an extra mission that will let you play as Batgirl.
"We’ve heard from our community that you want more information on what we’ll be delivering in the Season Pass," Warner Bros. said in a post to the game's Facebook page. "While we aren’t ready to unveil every aspect of the content we’ll be developing, we would like to share more detail now to give you a better sense of the scope of the Season Pass."
Here are the new details Warner Bros. revealed about what the Season Pass will include:
- Batgirl: A Matter of Family -- An all new prequel story expansion in an entirely new location where you play as Batgirl for the very first time in the Arkham series - check out the first render of Batgirl.
- The Season of Infamy -- Play as Batman in all new story missions featuring legendary super-villains invading Gotham City, with new story arcs, missions and gameplay features.
- Gotham City Stories -- Play as Batman’s key allies in narrative missions extending their storylines, from both before and after the events in Batman: Arkham Knight.
- Legendary Batmobiles with Themed Tracks -- Drive the most iconic Batmobiles from Batman’s 75-year history, on custom-built race tracks, each themed to that Batmobile’s specific era. Every Batmobile will be drivable across every race track.
- Crimefighter Challenge Maps -- Engage in a series of new challenge maps utilizing the unique play styles of Batman and his allies.
- Character Skins -- A variety of skins from across the eras for Batman, Robin, Nightwing and Catwoman.
Originally scheduled to launch in 2014, the new Arkham Knight release date is June 23 for Xbox One,PlayStation 4, and PC. Earlier this week, Rocksteady released a thrilling new trailer for the game that also confirmed it will have a Grand Theft Auto V-style character switch mechanic.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com