Baldur's Gate 3 Patch Fixes Numerous Crashes
The update comes hot on the heels of the early access launch and addresses the most pressing player issues.
After a handful of delays, Baldur's Gate III finally launched in early access this week and quickly skyrocketed to the top of the best seller's list on Steam. Given that the game is still in development, players were quick to stumble across numerous bugs, some of which developer Larian Studios are squashing in a new patch.
The first hotfix for Baldur's Gate III addresses four major crashes associated with entirely different in-game interactions, while also polishing up some other minor existing issues that players have reported. The studio mentions in the patch notes that players still experiencing performance issues should run the game using DirectX 11 instead of Vulkan, as some issues have been noted with the latter API.
Larian Studios also thanks fans for the overwhelming support out of the gate and mentions that it is aware of several multiplayer issues currently. While this patch doesn't fix any, the studio says it is close to solving most of the pressing ones being reported.
"We're still working on the multiplayer issues that some of you are experiencing (and we’re very close to solving several of them), but Hotfix 1 already fixes a number of issues and covers other things you reported," the patch notes read.
Baldur's Gate III is available on PC and Google Stadia, with early access containing the game's first act, numerous classes and multiple races to play as.
Baldur's Gate III Hotfix 1 - Patch Notes
- Fixed a crash related to using rush-type actions
- Fixed a crash related to the target camera
- Fixed a crash in character creation
- Fixed a crash during dialogs
- Fixed overlapping items inside the inventory views
- Fixed "Pickup" and "Pickup And Add To Wares" inside containers
- Fixed a player assignment issue when someone would leave from a full multiplayer party. The leftover character can now be assigned correctly.
- Fixed an issue with summons showing up as regular companions
- Fixed an issue where players could not ready up when other players joined the lobby
- Fixed being able to move immovable objects