Baldur's Gate 3 - Helsik Ritual And Open Your Scars Guide
Arrange the items neatly to make a portal appear.
There are many secrets in Baldur's Gate 3, some of which lead to unexpected places. One of those places is something we won't spoil in this intro paragraph. In any case, our guide discusses the Baldur's Gate 3 Helsik Ritual, which opens a portal to parts unknown. Likewise, please be aware that this article contains spoilers.
How to complete the Helsik Ritual in Baldur's Gate 3
The Baldur's Gate 3 Helsik Ritual is done in Devil's Fee shop in the Lower City (X:-39; Y:-9). Initially, you won't know about this option unless you stumble upon certain clues:
- As part of the Free Orpheus and Deal with the Devil quests, you're told about a means of entering Raphael's domain.
- If you've visited the House of Grief, a locked room across the torture chamber has a note about a certain Helsik.
- You could just stumble upon the shop as you're exploring the Lower City.
How to make a deal with Helsik
For the Baldur's Gate 3 Helsik Ritual objective, you need to make a deal with her, as she's a follower of Mammon, the lord of avarice. If you pay her 100 gold each time, she'll divulge some info, until you talk to her about the House of Hope. Here are your options:
- You can pay her 20,000 gold, and she'll hand over the items needed for the ritual.
- You can pass an Intimidation check, which causes her to cut the price in half (i.e. 10,000 gold).
- Alternatively, passing a Persuasion check has you promising that you'll bring back an artifact that she wants, the Gauntlets of Hill Giant Strength.
How to solve the Helsik Ritual puzzle
Assuming you've made your decision, Helsik will hand over the items, as well as a grimoire. Read it to learn of the clue:
- Place the skull on the star point near the altar.
- Place the Coin of Mammon on the next point to the right.
- Counting clockwise, skip a point and place a diamond on the next one.
- Place the incense on the point that follows the diamond.
- Finally, place the Infernal Marble in the center of the star.
Make your way to the room on the second floor and check the demonic diagram. The altar (i.e. starting point) that the grimoire is referring to is actually Helsik's desk in the center of the room. As for the items themselves, you need to open your inventory and drop them on the floor. This lets you drag them to the correct spot:
- Top-center: Skull
- Top-right: Coin of Mammon
- Lower-right: Diamond
- Lower-left: Incense
- Center: Infernal Marble
If you do it right, a portal will appear, which completes the Helsik Ritual in Baldur's Gate 3. This passageway leads to the hellish realm of Avernus. Be ready for the battles ahead, and make sure your team is well-prepared since you'll be entering Raphael's domain. Up next, it's time to tackle the challenges in the House of Hope.
Baldur's Gate 3 is filled to the brim with activities and secrets. You'll no doubt be part of an adventure that can take countless hours to complete. For other tips, you can visit our BG3 guides hub.