Back 4 Blood Open Beta Goes Live This August
Those who preorder Back 4 Blood will get early access to the game on August 5.
New details about Back 4 Blood were revealed during the Summer Game Fest kickoff stream, including when fans can try out the game for themselves. Back 4 Blood's open beta will kick off on August 5 with early access for those who have preordered the game; it'll be available on August 12 for everyone else.
It's unclear if progress made in the Back 4 Blood open beta will carry over to the full game. Developer Turtle Rock Studios has not confirmed what platforms the open beta will be available on, though Back 4 Blood is slated to launch on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S on October 12.
Alongside announcing Back 4 Blood's open beta start date, Turtle Rock Studios showcased a brief look at a brand-new boss with a shark's head. Take a look.
The Summer Game Fest livestream isn't the only place where Back 4 Blood will make an appearance, as publisher Warner Bros. Interactive confirmed that the co-op shooter will also be shown during a June 13 livestream.
E3 2021 is officially underway and more announcements are bound to happen, so check back for all the latest news and previews.
E3 2021 News & Announcements
- Nintendo Switch OLED Announced, Coming October 8
- E3 2021: Schedule, Participants, And What To Expect
- Xbox & Bethesda E3 Showcase Announcements: Starfield, Halo Infinite, Diablo 2
- Nintendo Direct E3 2021 Announcements: Breath Of The Wild 2, Metroid Dread, Advance Wars
- E3 2021 Games Confirmed So Far
- Ubisoft Forward E3 2021 Announcements: Far Cry 6, Mario + Rabbids 2, Avatar
- Square Enix E3 2021 Stream Announcements: Guardians Of The Galaxy, Final Fantasy Origin, Babylon's Fall
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.