Avengers: Infinity War Deleted Scene Features Guardians Of The Galaxy
The Guardians were having a tough day.
Turns out the real highlight of Avengers: Infinity War could have been Star-Lord and Drax bickering like an old married couple over music playing in their spaceship. Marvel just released a deleted scene from the film via EW, and it's basically about the Guardians taking out their frustrations on each other.
The scene happens after the Guardians face Thanos in Knowhere and lose, so tensions are understandably high. Star-Lord wants to play Kiss' "New York Groove" in order to get into a groove of his own, but Drax would prefer not to have the same song playing over and over again, which seems fair.
Mantis is also in the scene and she's just as irritated as Drax, but not about the music. A yellow light has been going off in her face, but she doesn't realize that it means an important coded message was sent to Star-Lord. By the end of the scene, everyone is annoyed and everyone is fighting.
This scene is one of several deleted or extended scenes that will be a bonus feature on the physical DVD and Blu-ray, coming out August 14. Guardians 3 is currently in the works, but it might end up looking different without James Gunn at the helm. If you'd like to know about all the bonus features on the Infinity War DVD, check out the list below.
Infinity War Bonus Features
- Strange Alchemy (5:08)--Share the thrill of characters from across the MCU meeting for the first time--and discover why some were teamed up together.
- The Mad Titan (6:34)--Explore the MCU's biggest, baddest villain, his trail of influence through the stories, and the existential threat he represents.
- Beyond the Battle: Titan (9:36)--Dive into the climactic struggle on Thanos' ruined world, including the epic stunts and VFX, to uncover the source of its power.
- Beyond the Battle: Wakanda (10:58)--Go behind the scenes to find out how the filmmakers pulled off the most massive and challenging battle Marvel had ever attempted.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes (10:07)
- Happy Knows Best (1:23)--Tony and Pepper spar over the details of their upcoming wedding--until a hassled Happy Hogan pulls up with an urgent request.
- Hunt for the Mind Stone (1:24)--On a darkened street, Wanda Maximoff and the wounded Vision attempt to hide from Thanos’ brutal allies.
- The Guardians Get Their Groove Back (3:20)--As Peter Quill and Drax quarrel over their failed mission to Knowhere, Mantis interrupts with news.
- A Father’s Choice (4:00)--Thanos confronts Gamora with a vision from her past—and with lying to him about the Soul Stone.
- Gag Reel (2:05)--Watch your favorite superheroes make super gaffes in this lighthearted collection of on-set antics.
- Audio Commentary (approx. 149 min.) by Anthony and Joe Russo, Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com