Avengers: Infinity War 4K Blu-ray/DVD Release Date And Bonus Content Announced
The Marvel blockbuster arrives at home in a few weeks.
The release date and full specs for the upcoming home entertainment release of the Marvel blockbuster Avengers: Infinity War have been confirmed. Disney is releasing the movie in a variety of editions, both digital and physical, and comes packed with hours of bonus footage.
The movie will be available to own digitally on July 31, and this edition will include an exclusive 30-minute roundtable discussion with a variety of Marvel directors. It's a conversation between Anthony and Joe Russo (Infinity War), Jon Favreau (Iron Man), Joss Whedon (The Avengers), James Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy), Ryan Coogler (Black Panther), Peyton Reed (Ant-Man), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).
The rest of the content will appear on both the digital and physical editions, which hit shelves on August 14. Fans can choose the Multi-Screen Edition, which includes both the Blu-ray and a digital copy of the film, and the 4K Cinematic Universe Edition, which also includes 4K Ultra HD disc. In addition, some retailers will be selling a bundled version with the previous two Avengers movies. There will also be a standard DVD edition.
Here's the full list of bonus features:
- Strange Alchemy (5:08)--Share the thrill of characters from across the MCU meeting for the first time--and discover why some were teamed up together.
- The Mad Titan (6:34)--Explore the MCU's biggest, baddest villain, his trail of influence through the stories, and the existential threat he represents.
- Beyond the Battle: Titan (9:36)--Dive into the climactic struggle on Thanos' ruined world, including the epic stunts and VFX, to uncover the source of its power.
- Beyond the Battle: Wakanda (10:58)--Go behind the scenes to find out how the filmmakers pulled off the most massive and challenging battle Marvel had ever attempted.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes (10:07)
- Happy Knows Best (1:23)--Tony and Pepper spar over the details of their upcoming wedding--until a hassled Happy Hogan pulls up with an urgent request.
- Hunt for the Mind Stone (1:24)--On a darkened street, Wanda Maximoff and the wounded Vision attempt to hide from Thanos’ brutal allies.
- The Guardians Get Their Groove Back (3:20)--As Peter Quill and Drax quarrel over their failed mission to Knowhere, Mantis interrupts with news.
- A Father’s Choice (4:00)--Thanos confronts Gamora with a vision from her past—and with lying to him about the Soul Stone.
- Gag Reel (2:05)--Watch your favorite superheroes make super gaffes in this lighthearted collection of on-set antics.
- Audio Commentary (approx. 149 min.) by Anthony and Joe Russo, Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely
Avengers: Infinity War made $2.03 billion at the worldwide box office. It is by far the most successful movie in the MCU to date, although in the US it made slightly less than Black Panther. The next Avengers movie is set to hit theaters next May--we still don't know the title, despite rumors last week that it might been accidentally revealed.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com