Avengers: Endgame Is Now 10th Biggest Movie In History
Up and up.
Avengers: Endgame has been in theatres for less than a week, and it's already one of biggest box office successes in the history of cinema. It's now made an astonishing $1.342 billion worldwide, which makes it the 10th biggest movie ever.
It edged out Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 ($1.341 billion) to take the No. 10 spot. Endgame will surely continue to make lots more money as its run in theatres continues, so it'll be interesting to see where it lands when all is said and done.
The No. 1 biggest box office smash worldwide is Avatar, which made $2.78 billion. You can see the full Top 10 list below, as compiled by Box Office Mojo.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Marvel has raised the bonus threshold for Avengers actors. Years ago, actors would receive bonuses when a Marvel movie passed $500 million; it was later raised to $700 million, and now bonuses aren't paid until Avengers movies hit $1.5 billion. Endgame will surely reach that amount, which the actors should be happy about.
Top 10 All-Time Worldwide Box Office
- Avatar -- $2.788 billion
- Titanic -- $2.187 billion
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens -- $2.068 billion
- Avengers: Infinity War -- $2.048 billion
- Jurassic World -- $1.671 billion
- The Avengers -- $1.518 billion
- Furious 7 -- $1.516 billion
- Avengers: Age of Ultron -- $1.405 billion
- Black Panther -- $1.346 billion
- Avengers: Endgame -- $1.342 billion