Aussies to get Spore Creature Creator in newspaper promos

UPDATE: EA has since confirmed to GameSpot AU that Queensland's Courier Mail will be carrying the Spore promotion on Saturday August 30, 2008. The Spore Creature Creator will be sold with the newspaper for an extra A$2. Anyone in Australia who plans on picking up the Daily Telegraph, Herald Sun,...

50 Comments

UPDATE: EA has since confirmed to GameSpot AU that Queensland's Courier Mail will be carrying the Spore promotion on Saturday August 30, 2008. The Spore Creature Creator will be sold with the newspaper for an extra A$2.

Anyone in Australia who plans on picking up the Daily Telegraph, Herald Sun, or Courier-Mail on Saturday will be in for a pleasant surprise. Included with The Saturday Daily Telegraph is a free copy of the full-version Spore Creature Creator, while Herald Sun and Courier-Mail readers will have to pay an additional A$2. Electronic Arts' local arm has teamed up with the east coast publications to distribute the full version software for the first time in Australia

The give-away is the first time the full-version will be available in Australia and is a one-time offer, only available with this Saturday's paper. The software was originally released last month and within 24 hours of its release, saw over 260,000 creatures uploaded to the game's online service--Sporepedia. The disc also comes with what an EA spokesperson has called an "AU$15 off per-order at EB [Games stores]", but refused to go into more detail.

No Caption Provided

The Spore Creature Creator allows players to create, customise, and design their life forms anyway they want. When it was first released in Australia, the Spore Creature Creator only contained 25 per cent of the full anatomy catalogue. Unlike other countries, where they could purchase the other 75 per cent online, that option was not available to Aussie bioengineers.

As this is the only way to get your hands on the full version of Spore Creature Creator, five Australian states are unfortunately missing out. People who live in the Northern Territory, Australian Capital Territory, Tasmania, South Australia and Western Australia will miss out unless their newsagent carries any of the mentioned publications. Until then they'll have to wait for Spore Creature Creator's release on September 4.

Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email news@gamespot.com

Join the conversation
There are 50 comments about this story