Assassin's Creed Odyssey Releasing On Switch In Japan As A Streaming Game
Odyssey is coming to Japan in a "cloud version."
A "cloud version" of Assassin's Creed Odyssey will be released in Japan. The Japanese Nintendo Direct video presentation last week confirmed that a special, streaming-only version of the open-world stealthy-stabby game will be released on Nintendo's hybrid console in October.
As with the previously released cloud version of Resident Evil 7 for Switch, Odyssey will presumably run on cloud servers with only a small download file locally.
A spokesperson for Ubisoft told GameSpot that Odyssey's Switch release is limited to Japan. "At the moment, this is a limited release for the Japanese market," a rep said.
Odyssey launches in early October for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The game is getting a big chunk of free and paid post release content--you can read more about it all here.
September 2018 Nintendo Direct News
- Animal Crossing On Nintendo Switch Is Finally Happening
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Is Coming To Switch In Japan As A Streaming Game
- Luigi's Mansion 3 Announced For Nintendo Switch, Will Have 2019 Release
- Nintendo Direct Shares More Switch Online Service Details
- Katamari Damacy Remaster Coming To Nintendo Switch In 2018
- Mario Tennis Aces Adds Shy Guy And Birdo Along With Co-op Modes
- Civilization 6 For Nintendo Switch Confirmed During Nintendo Direct
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe Coming To Nintendo Switch In 2019
- Final Fantasy 12: The Zodiac Age Coming To Nintendo Switch And Xbox One
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Reveals Another Unexpected Character
- The Classics Of The Final Fantasy Series Make Their Debut On The Switch In 2019
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.