Assassin's Creed Unity Patch Removes Companion App Requirements to Gear
The patch will also address several performance and stability issues on consoles.
Ubisoft is rolling out a new patch for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of Assassin's Creed Unity today, which will remove the need to use the game's Companion App to access certain items in the game as well as improve performance, the publisher has announced.
Prior to the patch, players had to download and play Assassin's Creed Unity's companion app on mobile devices and create an account for the Assassin's Creed Initiates browser game to unlock specific pieces of gear in blue and gold chests. Now, players can still progress in the Companion app and Initiates, but will no longer need to before unlocking these chests.
Patch 5 will also resolve several problems, including one case in which an objective ("Find Leon") wouldn't appear, and another in which weapons and gear players unlocked was "relocked."
A patch that will address issues specific to the PC version of the game will roll out tomorrow.
You can find the full patch notes below.
Stability & performance
- Fixed numerous random crashes both on Campaign and Coop
Save game & Progression
- Fixed gear and outfit rewards getting relocked
- Added users profile corrector to resolve companion synchronization issues
- Made Initiate and companion app exclusive content accessible to all players
- Fixed the ‘Find Leon’ objective not spawning on Dead Kings Memory 2
Online matchmaking, connectivity & replication
- Fixed various matchmaking and connection issues both in matches and when starting a match.
- Fixed various replication issues between host and clients
- Fixed issues with the My Club feature
Gameplay (navigation, fight, stealth)
- Fixed issue with Arno losing control after trying to launch Initiates from the pause menu
- Fixed minor navigation issues
Menus and HUD
- Fixed issues occurring when hacking gears
- Fixed additional issues with notifications
World & 3D
- Fixed some minor FX and texture issues
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com