Assassin's Creed Unity Patch 4 Should Fix Most Remaining Issues, Ubisoft Says
Latest patch promises to improve framerate and fix game crashes, among other things.
Top New Game Releases On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- August 9-15, 2020 Cyberpunk 2077 Weapons Showcase | Night City Wire Cyberpunk 2077 Night City Wire Livestream Ep. 2 - Pre and Post Show Cyberpunk 2077: Street Kid, Corpo Rat, & Nomad Lifepaths Explained | Night City Wire Xbox Series X Launch, Halo Infinite Delay, & Sam Fisher In Rainbow Six Siege | Save State Is The Katana As Good As You Think It Is? - Loadout New Cyberpunk 2077 Weapons, More Call Of Duty Teases, & Last Of Us Part 2 Permadeath Mode | Save State Bill & Ted's Best Moments - From Excellent Adventure to Bogus Journey Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time - Exclusive Behind The Scenes VA Trailer Disturbing Myths & Folklore That Inspired The Witcher 3 | Lorescape She Dreams Elsewhere - Exclusive Gameplay Horizon Zero Dawn PC Port Needs Some Work
The next patch for open-world action game Assassin's Creed Unity should fix most of the title's remaining issues, publisher Ubisoft says in a post on its Live Updates page. This patch, the game's fourth major update, should be released soon, though an official launch date was not announced.
Unity Patch 4 promises to bring improvements to the game's overall framerate, and it should also fix crashes and clear up issues with the title's companion app. A full list of "top priority issues" that the patch will address, as well as some temporary workarounds, is available below.
Although the forthcoming patch for Unity should fix most of the game's remaining issues, Ubisoft says if you continue to encounter bugs, or experience new ones, you should reach out to customer support.
- Game crashes after loading your save: We're devoting a lot of attention to this one and we have a workaround (try taking your system offline and reload your save, you should be able to play offline). Most instances of this crash will be eliminated in Patch 4, but if you do still encounter this issue after the Patch is applied please file a Customer Support ticket to help us identify what your issue is so we can create a fix for it.
- Error CE-34878-0: Similar to the crash mentioned above, the game freezes or crashes after loading your save. This particular error message is exclusive to PS4. This issue should be resolved in Patch 4.
- Initiates legacy recognition issues: Many of these issues have been resolved, but we've noted that it could still take several days for all of your progress from past games to be fully updated. If after five days you still don't see your progress accurately reflected on the site, please file a ticket with Customer Support so we can more closely examine this issue.
- Companion App issues: We've just released a new patch for the Companion App, so be sure to update to release 1.04 if you have not already. This patch addresses the following issues:
- Restoration of lost Premiums
- Fixed synchronization issues for first-time users and at login
- Fixed the "no assassin" issue in the tutorial
- Fixed missions with 100% odds of success that could fail
- Fixed an issue with lost progress--simply resync with the HD game and load your save, this will synchronize your online progression data.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org