Assassin's Creed Unity Patch 4 Should Fix Most Remaining Issues, Ubisoft Says
Latest patch promises to improve framerate and fix game crashes, among other things.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Last Of Us 2 Confirmed For Next PlayStation State Of Play - GS News Update Luigi's Mansion 3 Multiplayer DLC Announced - GS News Update Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Cross-Play Beta Start Date And Modes - GS News Update Destiny 2 - Where Is Xur? Exotic Vendor Location Guide (9/20-9/24) Borderlands 3 Gets Free Halloween DLC - GS News Update COD: Modern Warfare Crossplay Beta | GameSpot Live Star Wars Battlefront 2 Is Getting A New Planet - GS News Update Nascar Heat 4 - Official Launch Trailer PlanetSide Arena - Official Launch Gameplay Trailer The Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening | GameSpot Live The Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening | GameSpot Live Daymare 1998 - Official Launch Gameplay Trailer
The next patch for open-world action game Assassin's Creed Unity should fix most of the title's remaining issues, publisher Ubisoft says in a post on its Live Updates page. This patch, the game's fourth major update, should be released soon, though an official launch date was not announced.
Unity Patch 4 promises to bring improvements to the game's overall framerate, and it should also fix crashes and clear up issues with the title's companion app. A full list of "top priority issues" that the patch will address, as well as some temporary workarounds, is available below.
Although the forthcoming patch for Unity should fix most of the game's remaining issues, Ubisoft says if you continue to encounter bugs, or experience new ones, you should reach out to customer support.
- Game crashes after loading your save: We're devoting a lot of attention to this one and we have a workaround (try taking your system offline and reload your save, you should be able to play offline). Most instances of this crash will be eliminated in Patch 4, but if you do still encounter this issue after the Patch is applied please file a Customer Support ticket to help us identify what your issue is so we can create a fix for it.
- Error CE-34878-0: Similar to the crash mentioned above, the game freezes or crashes after loading your save. This particular error message is exclusive to PS4. This issue should be resolved in Patch 4.
- Initiates legacy recognition issues: Many of these issues have been resolved, but we've noted that it could still take several days for all of your progress from past games to be fully updated. If after five days you still don't see your progress accurately reflected on the site, please file a ticket with Customer Support so we can more closely examine this issue.
- Companion App issues: We've just released a new patch for the Companion App, so be sure to update to release 1.04 if you have not already. This patch addresses the following issues:
- Restoration of lost Premiums
- Fixed synchronization issues for first-time users and at login
- Fixed the "no assassin" issue in the tutorial
- Fixed missions with 100% odds of success that could fail
- Fixed an issue with lost progress--simply resync with the HD game and load your save, this will synchronize your online progression data.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org