Assassin's Creed Unity Patch 4 Should Fix Most Remaining Issues, Ubisoft Says
Latest patch promises to improve framerate and fix game crashes, among other things.
Diablo 4 Early Access Beta Livestream Diablo IV | Open Beta Gameplay Trailer Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - Official Story Trailer Elden Ring Death Count Revealed | GameSpot News Halo Infinite - Previously On Halo Infinite Season 1 and Season 2 Trailer Rocket League Neo Tokyo: Aftermarket Trailer Life by You - Announcement Trailer JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R — Keicho Nijimura Gameplay Reveal Trailer Trinity Fusion - Announce Trailer MLB The Show 23 - Legends Trailer | PS5 & PS4 Games Too Hot To Handle: Love Is A Game "Talent Plays" Trailer Mighty Quest Rogue Palace Reveal Trailer
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
By clicking 'enter', you agree to GameSpot's
The next patch for open-world action game Assassin's Creed Unity should fix most of the title's remaining issues, publisher Ubisoft says in a post on its Live Updates page. This patch, the game's fourth major update, should be released soon, though an official launch date was not announced.
Unity Patch 4 promises to bring improvements to the game's overall framerate, and it should also fix crashes and clear up issues with the title's companion app. A full list of "top priority issues" that the patch will address, as well as some temporary workarounds, is available below.
Although the forthcoming patch for Unity should fix most of the game's remaining issues, Ubisoft says if you continue to encounter bugs, or experience new ones, you should reach out to customer support.
Unity's troubled launch caused a re-think at Ubisoft regarding how it interacts with press and the community. To make up for the game's rocky start, Ubisoft is giving away free DLC and full games.
- Game crashes after loading your save: We're devoting a lot of attention to this one and we have a workaround (try taking your system offline and reload your save, you should be able to play offline). Most instances of this crash will be eliminated in Patch 4, but if you do still encounter this issue after the Patch is applied please file a Customer Support ticket to help us identify what your issue is so we can create a fix for it.
- Error CE-34878-0: Similar to the crash mentioned above, the game freezes or crashes after loading your save. This particular error message is exclusive to PS4. This issue should be resolved in Patch 4.
- Initiates legacy recognition issues: Many of these issues have been resolved, but we've noted that it could still take several days for all of your progress from past games to be fully updated. If after five days you still don't see your progress accurately reflected on the site, please file a ticket with Customer Support so we can more closely examine this issue.
- Companion App issues: We've just released a new patch for the Companion App, so be sure to update to release 1.04 if you have not already. This patch addresses the following issues:
- Restoration of lost Premiums
- Fixed synchronization issues for first-time users and at login
- Fixed the "no assassin" issue in the tutorial
- Fixed missions with 100% odds of success that could fail
- Fixed an issue with lost progress--simply resync with the HD game and load your save, this will synchronize your online progression data.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com
Join the conversation