Ark: Survival Evolved Xbox One Update Brings Split-Screen Multiplayer and More
New dinosaurs and beer are also available.
Developer Studio Wildcard announced in a press release that you can now play with a friend in split-screen offline or online on non-dedicated servers. Split-screen is a timed exclusive to the Xbox One.
With the new update, you'll be able to jump on the new dinosaur Gallimimus that can seat up to three passengers and run quickly. You can also take shelter behind the Dimetrodon's sail if you need to protect yourself from extreme climates,
Newly-added items include an Electric Prod weapon, SWAT-style armor, and beer barrels. You can brew various stat-enhancing beers, but you'll succumb to "hangover" effects after they wear off.
You can take a look at the full list of updates below:
- Gallimimus, a three-seater dinosaur that can't defend itself, instead running at high speeds
- The carnivorous Dimetrodon which can shelter players from excessive heat and extreme cold with the sail running down its back
- Dung beetle that eats useless waste and uses it to produce burnable oil
- SWAT-style Assault Armor tier
- Electric Prod stunner weapon
- Greenhouse/Glass structure tileset
- Underwater loot crates
- Craftable beer kegs
- Bug fixes, performance update (~15%), fixed memory leak
- Non-dedicated servers now support up to eight survivors and 33% larger tether distance
Ark: Survival Evolved is currently available on Xbox One and PC through Steam as part of each platform's "early access" programs. The full game will release this summer on both platforms and PlayStation 4.
GameSpot recently interviewed Studio Wildcard about Ark's frame rate issues, the PlayStation 4 version, and why it's embracing split-screen.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com