Ark: Survival Evolved Is Getting A Huge, Game-Changing Xbox Series X Upgrade
The dinosaur survival game is going to look and run a whole lot better on the Xbox Series X.
Ark: Survival Evolved is getting an update for Xbox Series X, and the difference is huge. The game, which has always been at its best on PC, is doing some serious catching up on the next-gen Xbox.
In a new trailer, Ark is showing off Xbox update v802.9, which will release on October 28. If you play the game on Series X following the console's November 10 launch, you'll be able to experience the game in 4K, with vastly improved details, a higher framerate, and numerous other improvements.
Check out the trailer for the dinosaur-survival game on Xbox Series X below--it's a major improvement.
Ark is available on Xbox Game Pass, so if you're a subscriber, it could be worth a download on your new system. This trailer is specific to the Xbox Series X version, so it's unclear if the game will receive the same treatment on PlayStation 5.
4K resolution is just one of many changes coming. Here's the full list of enhancements coming in the update:
- 4K Output at 30-60 FPS
- Extreme Draw/LOD Distance (Higher than PC)
- Extreme Level Streaming Distance (Higher than PC)
- Epic Sky & Atmospherics Quality
- Epic Subsurface Scattering Quality
- Infinite-Range High Precision Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Max Texture Resolution
- 16x Anisotropic Filtering
- Infinite-Range Distance Field Shadows
- Terrain Self-Shadowing
- Epic Dynamic Shadow Quality
- Epic Ground Clutter Distance
- High-Precision HDR Output
- Epic Postprocessing Quality
- Tetherless Non-Dedicated Hosting
- Tetherless Splitscreen
- 100-player Dedicated Server Hosting
- Splitscreen Multiplayer uses Epic Graphics Settings
- 7x Faster Loading
Ark: Survival Evolved is available on the least-powerful console on the market, too--it came to Switch in 2018, but it was an infamously rough port of the challenging game. A mobile version is also available.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.