Apex Legends Update 1.1 Patch Notes Revealed
More muting, more often.
Apex Legends' new update, version 1.1, is available now. Though the patch did cause some early problems for players, such as resetting account progression, Respawn has fixed those issues and even implemented a few more new features.
Update 1.1 includes some interesting quality-of-life changes for Apex Legends that should make it even easier to create better, longer-lasting squads of the players you meet when firing up the game. Apex now includes an option that lets players invite the members of their last squad back into their party--perfect for those times when your team of randos from matchmaking actually turn out to be pretty good.
The option for squad invites is now on the Friends menu, which means you can opt out if you don't want any matchmade players trying to follow you back to your squad. The patch also has a few other changes worked in, including access to a Mute button on the Legend select screen, and more options on PC for reporting players for cheating or other issues. PC players will also get more information if the game crashes to help them deal with the trouble.
One change that was accidentally implemented but has since been reverted involves the leaving early penalty. In an update shared on Reddit, Respawn said this is something it has been working on, but that it accidentally included it in the 1.1 update on Wednesday. "There was a piece of script that was missing and caused the leaving match early penalty to be turned on when it shouldn't be," Respawn explained. "That's why it wasn't in the patch notes."
That has now been disabled, so you should no longer see the penalty on any platform. Respawn added that it doesn't yet have an estimate for when this feature will arrive, but it is still in the works.
You can read the full patch notes below. Servers are back online after an outage on Wednesday stemming from the progression loss bug.
Apex Legends Update 1.1 Patch Notes:
Quality Of Life
- Added the ability to party up with the last squad you played with. After the match you will see buttons in the lobby that display the last two people you played with and can invite them to your squad.
- Additional behind-the-scenes improvements for squashing cheaters.
- Added Mute button during the intro and Legend selection.
- When using the Report Player button for PC, you now have the option of selecting Cheat or Other.
- Added informative messages that appear on PC for crashes due to:
- Running out of memory.
- CPU errors best explained by overclocking/overheating.
- Added better collision to the turrets on Supply Ships.
- Stability fixes to all platforms.
- Fixed issue where the Battle Pass rewards page would not have a default item selected, resulting in a mostly blank page.
- Fixed bug for PS4 and X1 where sometimes attempting to use a keyboard to chat could cause a fatal script error.
- Fixed bug with Banner Cards not showing up during and at the end of a match.
Jump Pad Phase Walk Interactions
- Octane’s Jump Pad no longer affects players when using Into the Void ability.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com