Apex Legends Update 01 Patch Notes: Valentine's Day Items, Bug Fixes, And more
You've got a week to get yourself new skins.
Apex Legends' first patch is live, fixing some of the game's issues and adding new limited-time skins and cosmetic items for players to unlock. Here's everything the update does and includes, as well as the full patch notes from developer Respawn Entertainment. [Update: Another new Apex Legends patch is out now.]
Update 01 first adds in a few Valentine's Day-themed items to the Apex Legends store: specifically, the "Shot Through The Heart" skin for the Longbow DRM, and the "Love Of The Game" Pathfinder banner frame. Both of those will only be available February 13-19, and won't be in the store until 5 PM PT / 8 PM ET / 1 AM UTC.
You can also earn the "Live Die Live" banner badge between February 13 and 19, which unlocks when you revive a squadmate sometime during the week.
Apart from that, the patch is mostly focused on fixing bugs in Apex Legends. An exploit that apparently allowed players to infinitely duplicate items in their inventory has been fixed, as has an issue that was causing some players' friends lists to show everyone as offline.
Some issues in the King's Canyon map have been fixed, which should help keep you from getting stuck in weird places or falling through invisible holes. And for PlayStation 4 players who snagged the PlayStation Plus Play Pack, Respawn has updated a couple of cosmetics with new art.
Read the full patch notes below, which Respawn shared on Reddit.
Apex Legends February 13 Update Patch Notes
- Added "Live Die Live" Banner Badge: Revive a member of your squad between 2/13 and 2/19 to earn this limited time badge.
- Added Valentines Day cosmetic items to the store. They will be live and available in the store starting 2/13 until 2/19 and then they’re gone!
- “Through the Heart” Longbow Epic DMR skin
- "Love of the Game" Pathfinder banner frame
Stability / Bugs / Performance / Quality of Life
- Various improvements and tweaks to UI.
- Extended timeout that was causing players with slower hard drives to crash.
- Addressed a number of client and server stability issues.
- Fixed exploit where you could keep duplicating items in your inventory.
- Addressed a number of stability and performance issues.
- Fixed issue where players would get a gray screen in lobby when connecting for the first time.
- Fixed issue where your friends list showed all your friends as offline and unable to party.
- Shortened duration of Bloodhound’s Eye of the Allfather clones to remain in the world by 1 second.
Arc Star now displays a grenade warning indicator.
Addressed a number bugs with map geo like holes you could fall through and areas that players could get stuck in plus a bunch of other polish issues.
PlayStation Plus Play Pack
Art updated for the Playstation Plus Play Pack to the Flatline skin and Banner Card and changed the names to Deep Blue. This will affect all players that already have been rewarded the skins as well.
We still have a lot of work to do and we hear those frustrated by disconnects and crashes and are working to improve stability and performance as well as provide more visibility for everyone.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.