Apex Legends' Sun Squad Patch Notes Reveal Huge Ash Buff
Though short, these patch notes are packed with gameplay tweaks both small and large.
The notes--which were posted at the bottom of the developer blog announcing the event--reveal a number of quality-of-life features, bug fixes, and gameplay tweaks.
Although the patch notes aren't particularly long, they do contain a number of changes that will affect gameplay in a big way. Perhaps the most significant change this season is Ash's massive buff. Once Sun Squad launches, Ash's tactical Arc Snare ability will change in the following ways:
- Arc Snare will cool down in 20 seconds instead of 25
- Arc Snare now travels significantly faster, with its speed upped from 700 to 1,200
- Time between throwing down the Arc Snare and its tether activating has been decreased by 50%
These changes will make Ash's handy tethering ability fast and more effective, resulting in a deadly ability set that's great for holding enemies in one spot when you're outnumbered. Ash appears to be the only legend facing significant changes in the Sun Squad patch notes, but it's not too surprising to see her getting a little TLC, as her new Heirloom Weapon is the centerpiece of the whole event.
When it comes to weapons, the EVA-8 and 30-30 Repeater will enter the replicator, with the Longbow and Volt SMG returning to the standard loot pool. Additionally, legends who can open either Extended Supply Bins or Weapon Supply Bins will soon find that the gear inside is more suited to their current loadout.
There are a number of other small changes hitting the game on Tuesday, so keep scrolling to read the patch notes in their entirety.
- EVA-8 enters the replicator
- 30-30 Repeater enters the replicator
- Longbow DMR returns to the floor
- Volt SMG returns to the floor
Ash - Arc Snare
- Cooldown decreased from 25s to 20s
- Travel speed increased from 700 to 1200
- Tether activation delay and snare grow time decreased by about 50% (The Arc Snare will more reliably hit intended targets)
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Hide in-world item UI’s when aiming down the sight
- Hide in-world crafting UI’s in the center of the screen when aiming down the sight
- [Perks] Extended Supply Bins will more reliably give survival items in some cases when they are needed.
- [Perks] Weapon Supply Bins will more reliably give attachments to teammates in specific edge cases.
- [Perks] Both Weapon and Extended Supply Bins no longer spawn in close proximity to Bins of the same type.
- Fixed a bug where re-rolling Daily Challenges would not produce the intended result of providing a non-mode dependent challenge.
- Fixed issue with players experiencing a loud start-up noise when starting a Team Deathmatch game with reactive weapon skin equipped.
- [Seer] Fixed bug where Seer could always see enemies with his passive since the UI updates to the minimap.
- [Octane] Fixed the bug where players could not cycle their weapons when using the Stim tactical while on a zipline.
- [Pathfinder ] fix for cases when landing onto a Jump Pad after using any length grappling hook will cause it to go extended cooldown.
- Fix for cases where players could not reload their gun when standing close to Wattson’s Pylon and aiming at it.
- [Xbox Series X Only] Fixed a bug with chat messages where the first message would not be received by the other party member who is on Xbox.
- Reduced the smoke VFX for Peacekeeper’s “Frostbite” reactive skin for better visibility in low-light areas.
- [DX12] Fixed bug where the player’s crosshairs would be disabled when Anti-Aliasing is set to 'None' and Aspect Ratio is not native.
- [DX12] Game no longer letterboxes when the aspect ratio is greater than 16:0 (in DX12, windowed)
- Fix for cases where the minimap would show a completely different location for Crypto when using the drone.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.