Apex Legends, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Drives Big Year For EA
Apex Legends, Fallen Order, FIFA 20, Madden NFL 20, and The Sims 4 highlight Electronic Art's fiscal year 2020.
Ahead of EA's latest quarterly call, the publisher released a press release that detailed major takeaways from the previous fiscal year. Apex Legends, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, FIFA 20, Madden NFL 20, and The Sims 4 are mentioned as key performers.
"We've had a strong year," EA COO and CFO Blake Jorgensen said. "Our results this quarter prove the value of the live services path we've been on now for a decade. The breadth and depth of our live services give the flexibility we need at times like this to meet player needs."
Jorgensen added that "learnings from this period will forever change the way we work at EA." With the exception of Fallen Order, the games highlighted in the press release are all games-as-a-service titles. Those highlights are listed below.
EA Fiscal Year 2020 Report Highlights
- FIFA 20 has more than 25 million unique players
- Madden NFL 20 has reached the highest engagement levels in franchise history
- Apex Legends was the most downloaded free-to-play game on PS4 during 2019
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order has more than 10 million unique players
- The Sims 4 had higher monthly average players in every quarter of fiscal year 2020 in comparison to fiscal year 2019
Both Apex Legends and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order have recently been in the news. Apex Legends is about to go into Season 5, which adds Loba as a playable character, a new Quests mode, and Kings Canyon map changes. Fallen Order got a new DLC, which adds additional cosmetics, New Game Plus, and a brand-new mode.