Apex Legends Season 7's New Battle Pass Is A Frustrating Grind
Players are sounding off about how much time it takes to level up.
"Overall this feels quite unrewarding," said Redditor looseygoosey11. "I don't think I'll have the time to max the battle pass this season and now I don't even really want to try. I honestly regret this purchase which is the first time that's happened for me and the battle pass."
Respawn has implemented a new "battle star" system where players need to collect stars, which can be earned through challenges and playing regularly, in order to level up. Players need to earn 10 stars in order to level up, but stars are difficult to earn. When they are earned, they give players a fraction of the progress they received in previous seasons--one level in Season 7 takes the same amount of experience as four levels did in Season 6.
Players are upset as they've already purchased the battle pass, so they don't believe it should take so much time to unlock the rewards included in it.
Battle passes in other battle royales have become more time-consuming as well. Fortnite's Season 4 battle pass has pushed players to find ways to earn experience while leaving their characters to idle in certain modes.
- ALGS Prize Pool Reaches $2.58 Million After Crowdfunding Campaign
- Apex Legends Season 9 Launch Has A Rocky Start, Dev Promises Fixes Coming Soon
- PlayStation Apex Legends Players Can Now Pre-Load Season 9: Legacy Update
- Apex Legends Season 9 Patch Notes Released; Lifeline Is Getting A Much-Needed Change
- Apex Legends Season 9 Adds Arenas, A Team Deathmatch Mode Inspired By Auto Chess
- Apex Legends Season 9: All Of Valkyrie's Abilities
- Apex Legends Season 9 Adds New Valkyrie Character, Bow And Arrow, And Olympus Changes
- Apex Legends Season 9 Character Possibly Teased In New Trailer
- Apex Legends Plushie Is Totally Adorable
- The 25 Best PC Games To Play Right Now