Apex Legends Season 5 Update: Full Patch Notes
Like previous season, Season 5: Fortune's Favor implements some much-needed house cleaning.
Season 5: Fortune's Favor is now live in Apex Legends, bringing with it a pretty substantial update, a new legend, tons of adjustments to characters, weapons, and loot, bug fixes, and a handful of quality of life changes too. You can read the full patch notes for the Fortune's Favor update below, but we'll highlight some of the major changes first. Perhaps the biggest Fortune's Favor update is the addition of Loba as a new playable character to Apex Legends. The talented thief is ideal for players looking to keep their squad outfitted with gear throughout a match. Loba's abilities--Eye For Quality, Burglar's Best Friend, and Black Market Boutique--allow her to see loot through walls, teleport, and steal all nearby armor, weapons, and ammo.
Season 5 also sees a pretty major change to Kings Canyon, which hasn't undergone any transformations since Season 2: Battle Charge. As seen in the Season 5 launch trailer, Loba's actions accidentally destroyed Skull Town and Thunderdome--completely reshaping the bottom left portion of Apex Legends' original map. The upper right part of the map has undergone changes too, with a massive facility built near the Singh Labs and Relay getting completely rebuilt with brand-new structures.
It wouldn't be a new season without a new battle pass. The battle pass for Fortune's Favor includes plenty of new rare, epic, and legendary rewards to earn--and a brand-new assortment of daily and weekly challenges are available for you to complete in order to rank up in the pass.
Respawn doesn't just want you logging in to complete challenges either. Season 5 adds a brand-new mode, Quests, which offers weekly PvE Hunts to complete. Completing Hunts nets you in-game rewards and cosmetics, as well as new story details. However, to participate in the Hunts and get these rewards, you'll need to find at least five hidden treasure packs in Apex Legends traditional PvP modes each week, and you can only find one pack a day.
Apex Legends Season 5: Fortune's Favor Patch Notes
- Conditional Legend Chatter
- Under certain pairings, Legends will speak to each other differently when prompted with normal dialogue cues. How does Loba thank Revenant for a revive? She sure doesn’t say “Thank you.”
- There are many pairings if you are interested in hearing what everyone has to say. Experiment!
- Designer Note: The hope for this rework is that it gives more depth to Mirage gameplay by giving Mirage players avenues to get better at Bamboozling people.
- Tactical: Psyche Out
- Pressing the character utility action button allows Mirage to gain control of his decoy.
- When controlling the decoy, it will mimic Mirage’s every move.
- Decoys now last for 60 seconds.
- Releasing another decoy will remove the previous decoy.
- Ultimate: Life of the Party
- Mirage deploys a team of decoys that mimic his every move (think “Emergency Dance Party" from DUMMIEs Big Day).
- Cooldown 60 seconds.
- Passive: Now You See Me…
- In addition to cloaking when downed, Mirage also cloaks while using a respawn beacon and reviving a teammate (the teammate is also cloaked).
- Mirage’s “You got Bamboozled” line will now trigger when you bamboozle an enemy, instead of when you release a decoy.
- Tactical: Eye of the Allfather
- Increased Sonar Detection from 3 seconds to 4 seconds.
- Decreased Cooldown from 35 seconds to 25 seconds.
- Tactical: Eye of the Allfather
- Tactical: Drone
- Crypto can now ping banners, while in drone, to warn teammates of nearby squads.
- Tactical: Drone
- Increased Lifeline bin ratio to 20%
- Removed Knockdown Shields from Secret Compartment loot pool
- Designer note: this is something that is a bit of an experiment. We will be keeping an eye out to make sure this change doesn’t cause any degenerate player behavior.
- Friendly gas no longer slows teammates.
- Caustic traps are no longer triggered from the other side of a door.
- Designer note: This is a first step in pushing more team utility for Octane. We have more updates planned but they didn’t make the cutoff for this patch.
- Launch Pad cooldown is reduced from 90 seconds to now 60 seconds.
- Designer note: Internal data shows that Gibraltar’s performance in individual fights is in a good place, but we want to bring down his power a bit in team fights.
- Reduced Dome Shield duration from 18s to 12s.
- Designer note: Given the power of quick repositioning in Apex, being able to use Pathfinder’s Grappling Hook multiple times in a fight is both too powerful and muddies combat legibility.
- The cooldown for Grappling Hook has been increased from 15 seconds to 35 seconds.
Weapon And Loot Updates
Season 5 is the first season Apex doesn't get a new weapon. We stepped back and asked ourselves, does Apex need a new weapon every season? If we continue to add new weapons, the weapon pool will become saturated. We believe there is a "right" amount of weapons in the loot pool, and we think we are currently in that sweet spot. Vaulting weapons is not an option (because players have purchased skins), so we are forced to be more creative. We have some ideas on how to address it, but we need some time to test them and make sure they are healthy for Apex. We also want to make sure that weapons we add have real value to the gameplay. We have some fun stuff in the works. Our weapons team is hard at work. In the meantime, we hope the changes listed below can get you excited to learn and master the Season 5 weapon meta.
- Season 5 Fully-kitted Gold Weapons
- Longbow DMR
- The Mastiff is being rotated out of the care package to a regular weapon with its power reduced accordingly.
- Reduced damage per pellet from 18 to 13.
- Reduced headshot multiplier from 2.0 to 1.25.
- Increased blast pattern distances for the outer pairs of pellets.
- Increased blast pattern scale ADS multiplier from 0.5 to 0.55.
- Reduced fire rate from 1.3 to 1.0.
- Reduced projectile size to be more in line with other regular shotguns.
- Increased shell count from 4 to 6.
- Increased projectile speed to standard shotgun speed.
- Peacekeeper is being rotated out of a regular weapon and into the care package weapon with its power being increased accordingly.
- Tightened pellet spread pattern.
- Reduced rechamber time from 1.2 to 0.9.
- Reduced reload times from 2.65 to 2.45 base and 3.6 to 3.35 empty.
- Increased projectile size to improve consistency at close range.
- Increased Mag size from 16 to 19. Level 1 Extended mag is now 22, Level 2 is now 25, and Level 3 is now 27.
- Increased damage from 11 to 12.
- Reduced reload time from 1.74 to 1.5 base and 2.12 to 1.95 empty
- Vertical recoil increased.
- Horizontal recoil slightly increased.
- Recoil on the first 2 shots increased.
- Longbow DMR
- Headshot scale reduced from 2.15 to 2.1.
- Headshot scale reduced from 2.1 to 2.0.
- Hop Ups
- Adding Skullpiercer Hopup for DMR and Wingman.
- DMR w/ Skullpiercer - Headshot scale 2.1 -> 2.5
- Wingman w/ Skullpiercer - Headshot scale 2.0 -> 2.25
- Vaulted Anvil Receiver.
- Gold Armor
- Added Perk: Shield Cells & Syringes give double the amount per use.
- Removed Perk: Removed 50% heal speed.
- Fixed various conditions causing prediction errors.
- Fixed looting in pillboxes being difficult around weapons.
- Fixed aiming speed during zooming lerp to be consistent with hipfire and ADS speed.
- Fixed disabling Melee Target Compensation.
- Fixed Legend banners having a black box when having AA disabled.
- Fixed a condition where the third character model would be missing on screens with three Legend banners.
- Fixed sometimes erroneously pinging enemies while skydiving or in the plane.
- Fixed exploitable spots against Prowlers in Bloodhound Trial.
- Fixed Prowlers not attacking Gibraltar's Dome Shield.
- Fixed deathboxes sometimes not moving on the train.
- Fixed subtitles in Russian showing up as English in the Bloodhound Trial area.
- Fixed Havoc VFX while on the train.
- Fixed depth of field when selecting charms in the loadout menu.
- Fixed lighting on Legends sometimes being dark throughout the menus.
- Fixed tooltips not appearing correctly when highlighting items in the menus.
- Fixed the Charge Rifle beam shooting from the scope while using the Hard coded skin.
- Fixed melee not doing any damage when interrupting the Sentinel charge animation.
- Fixed Wingman having higher than normal hipfire accuracy while crouched.
- Fixed Golden Barrel attachment having more muzzle flash than intended.
- Stability fixes to reduce crashing and script errors.
- Crypto’s EMP now affects D.U.M.M.I.E. in the Firing Range.
- Fixed Revenant’s Death Totem being visible through smoke or gas.
- Fixed a few Pathfinder banner poses that caused corrupted art.
- Adjusted Octane’s Jump pad to make it harder to fall through cracks when deploying.
- Fixed Caustic's Ultimate not deploying when thrown under small surfaces.
- Fixed Bangalore’s smoke canisters getting stuck under the Train.
Quality of Life
- We’ve overhauled the Deathbox UI to compartmentalize loot better so you can find what you need faster.
- Crypto can now ping banners while in drone to warn teammates of nearby squads.
- Added voice over for pinging enemies who are reviving.
- Favorite option now available for Weapon Skins.
- Observer Highlights for Tournament Matches.
- Removed location based Weekly Challenges. These caused players to have mixed motivations from their squadmates, and didn’t work well with map rotation.
- Optimized CPU usage.
- Improved texture streaming quality on GPUs reporting less memory than advertised.
- We're excited to announce that at the start of Season 5 we will be adding Apex servers to the Middle East as we look to further support our fans in the region.
Apex Legends News
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.