Apex Legends And Monster Energy Squad Up For New Event With In-Game Loot
Red Bull may give you wings, but Monster Energy gives you Jump Pads and Gravity Lifts.
Apex Legends has teamed up with Monster Energy for a collaboration that extends from the fictional universe of the Outlands all the way to players' IRL refrigerators. As of September first, Apex Legends players who purchase cans of the neon green energy drink can redeem free in-game loot by visiting Monster's website and submitting a photo of a receipt showing they've purchased a Monster Energy product.
The way this event works is quite unique, but the goal is to purchase and submit receipts for up to 10 Monster Energy products, receiving free in-game Apex Legends loot for each code redeemed on Monster's website. Keep reading for detailed directions on how to participate in the event, along with a close-up look at the event's in-game prizes.
Participating in the event is fairly simple, just follow these steps:
- Log on to the official Monster x Apex website. Enter your email and sign up to create an account.
- You'll be prompted to input your home address, so make sure you use a strong, unique password when you sign up for the event.
- You'll also be asked to confirm your email address, and receive an email allowing you to do so. Once your email address has been confirmed, you'll get a second email informing you that the confirmation was successful.
- Log in for the first time and make sure your password works.
- Purchase a Monster Energy beverage. Make sure to keep your receipt! You cannot redeem your items without it, as the redemption code is printed on the receipt itself, not on the soda can.
- Take a clear photograph of your receipt. Make sure the item name/number, the store it was purchased from and the redemption code printed on the receipt are all clearly visible in the photograph.
- Return to the Apex x Monster website and log back in. Upload the image of the receipt to the Monster energy website, and submit it.
- Once your photo has been approved (this can take up to 24 hours), check back in on your Monster Energy account. If your receipt was approved, you'll find a code to redeem a reward waiting for you on the Monster website. This code can be entered in the game itself, exactly the same way you would redeem a digital gift card on PlayStation, Xbox, Switch, or Steam store.
- Once you redeem them online, all you have to do is wait a few minutes. The rewards should appear in Apex Legends the next time you log in to your account.
There are a total of 12 rewards available for this event--one for each Monster purchase you make (as long as you remember to submit a photo of the receipt online). The event's rewards (and the number of Monster Energy cans you'll need to redeem each item) are as follows:
- Reward #1: High Energy Pathfinder legend skin (Rare, purchase 1 can to obtain)
- Reward #2: +1 battle pass level (purchase 2 cans to obtain)
- Reward #3: Pathfinder stat tracker set (purchase 3 cans to obtain)
- Reward #4: +1 battle pass level (purchase 3 cans to obtain)
- Reward #5: +1 battle pass level (purchase 4 cans to obtain)
- Reward #6: Rampart stat tracker set (purchase 5 can to obtain)
- Reward #7: +1 battle pass level (purchase 5 cans to obtain)
- Reward #8: +1 battle pass level (purchase 6 cans to obtain)
- Reward #9: +1 battle pass level (purchase 7 cans to obtain)
- Reward #10: +1 battle pass level (purchase 8 cans to obtain)
- Reward #11: +1 battle pass level (purchase 9 cans to obtain)
- Reward #12: +1 battle pass level (purchase 10 cans to obtain)
There's an entire FAQ section on the Apex X Monster website addressing common questions from players, so definitely give that a look if you're having trouble with codes or the website itself. It's very important to keep in mind that these prizes can only be redeemed by purchasing Apex Legends-branded cans of the following Monster Energy products:
- Classic Monster Energy (black can, green logo)
- Monster Energy Lo-Carb (black can, blue logo),
- Monster Energy Zero Ultra (white can, grey logo)
Both 16oz and 24oz cans work for this event, so don't worry too much about finding the right size--just focus on making sure you purchase the correct drink. The Apex Legends-branded cans are easy to spot due to each of them having a large image of one of the game's characters on the cans.
The Apex Legends x Monster collaboration is most beneficial to those who already drink Monster on a regular basis and thus would be spending the money anyway. If you don't drink the stuff often, it may be best to just grind through that battle pass and leave the Monster chugging to folks who are already fans of ingesting mysterious green energy-giving liquid.
The Apex Legends x Monster Energy collaboration event ends on December 31st, 2022 at 11:59 PM PT, (or January 1st, 2023 at 2:59 AM for those on Eastern time).
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.