Anthem Tethering Issue Addressed In Update
Less teleporting and more actual playing.
BioWare has released a new update for Anthem, its multiplayer-focused action RPG. The update addresses tethering issues that occurred when playing with others by increasing the time available to catch up to teammates. [Update: In addition to this update, BioWare has also rolled out hotfixes that reduce Masterwork crafting costs and removes the possibility of getting inscriptions that are useless for the item in question. The latter change doesn't change any existing items and will only affect loot drops received after the hot fix rolled out on Thursday. You can see the complete patch notes for these hot fixes and the tethering update below.]
The tethering system keeps you from wandering too far away from your team and focused on completing the selected mission at hand. If you don't keep up with your teammates, a message will pop up that informs you that you will be teleported to your allies unless you return to the mission area. After Anthem launched, players complained the system wasn't forgiving enough and didn't provide an adequate amount of time for anyone to catch up to their teammates before being subjected to a loading screen--which also occasionally caused them to lose out on crucial in-game dialogue or cutscenes.
The new update also implements changes to Strongholds. In the Swarm Tyrant encounter in the Tyrant Mine Stronghold, you and your squad will no longer be able to reset the battle by exiting to the main menu and rejoining the session. Also, you will no longer be able to reopen chests that have already been looted in Strongholds. For the full patch notes on the update, you can check out BioWare's post on Reddit.
Top New Games Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- June 23-29 2019 According To A Leak, Steam's 2019 Summer Sale Is Starting Very Soon - GS News Update Final Fantasy 7 Remake Isn't What I Wanted, And That's Why I Like It Cyberpunk 2077 Has Romance, Minigames, And Self-Driving Cars - GS News Update Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order — Official Extended Cut Gameplay Demo Sony Talks PS5 Specs, Backwards Compatibility, 8K, And More - GS News Update Destiny 2: Penumbra - Where To Find Gaze Into Death's Eyes Bounty Treasure Chest Destiny 2: Penumbra - Where To Find Salvaged Goods Bounty Chest The Most Popular Pokemon, According To A Big Reddit Survey - GS News Update It's 2019 And The Wii U Is Getting An Update - GS News Update Spell Energy Will Be More Available For Wizards Unite Players - GS News Update Legion Season 3 Episode 1 "Chapter 20" Breakdown
BioWare has another update planned for Anthem that is scheduled to launch either sometime tonight or tomorrow, March 1. This next update will affect loot in Anthem. Specifically, uncommon and common weapons and abilities no longer appear from level 30 drop tables, and crafting requirements for masterwork items and embers has decreased. Inscriptions on all masterwork items will also now exclusively apply to the weapon or ability it amplifies. So, for example, a masterwork pistol will only be inscribed with a special ability that amplifies pistols, and not shotguns or assault rifles. This update will only apply to new items that you find or craft however, so all weapons and abilities you've previously collected will not be affected.
If you're still on the fence about picking up Anthem, be sure to check out our review of the game. If you're already playing, we have guides to help you out, which are outlined below.
- Anthem Is Best Played Solo, Sort Of
- Essential Tips To Know Before Starting Anthem
- The Most Important Thing That Anthem Doesn't Tell You
- Combo Guide: Best Tips For Javelin Detonators, Primers, And Special Abilities
Anthem is available for Xbox One, PS4, and PC.
Anthem February 28 Update Patch Notes
- The tethering timer for missions has been increased. Players should now have more time to catch up to their Squad before seeing a countdown timer.
- The Swarm Tyrant encounter in the Tyrant Mine Stronghold can no longer be reset by the entire Squad exiting to the main menu and rejoining the session in progress.
- Players are no longer able to reopen chests that had already been looted in Strongholds.
In addition to the above updates we have deployed the following hot fixes:
- Items will no longer have inscriptions on them that are not appropriate for that specific item. NOTE: This only applies to items obtained after the patch. Items obtained prior to the patch will still have the same inscriptions they had before.
- Masterwork crafting costs have been reduced from 25 -> 15 Masterwork Embers. The amount of plants, metal and parts required for crafting a Masterwork item have also been reduced.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com