Animal Crossing: New Horizon's Thanksgiving And Christmas Update Is Now Live
Animal Crossing: New Horizons update 1.6.0 is up now, and it adds Turkey Day and Toy Day.
The Animal Crossing: New Horizons winter update--which adds events that align with Thanksgiving and Christmas--is now live. This brings the Switch sensation to version 1.6.0, and brings various other fixes and changes.
The big additions in the winter update are Turkey Day (November 26) and Toy Day (December 24), which bring new NPCs and events with them. In the former, Franklin the turkey will appear to help you make a feast. On Toy Day, Jingle the reindeer arrives to hand out gifts.
New Years items will also be available at Nook's between December 26 and 31.
This update also lets you transfer save data between systems. Before this, moving to a Switch Lite, or getting your save back after losing or selling your Switch, wasn't possible. Now you'll be able to do so, which will be good news for the many people asking for this feature. Here's how to transfer your Animal Crossing: New Horizons save.
Several other features Animal Crossing fans have been wanting and expecting--including a new Nook expansion and the appearance of Brewster, the series' pigeon barista--still have not made their way into the game, nor been announced.
You can see the numerous changes introduced in this update in the full patch notes below.
- Two seasonal events, Turkey Day and Toy Day, have been added.
- Residents can visit Resident Services to put in a request to increase the capacity of their home storage.
- Luna can now offer random dream destinations by selecting the “Surprise me” option.
- A new feature for transferring save data between different systems has been added.
- The following content has also been added:
- Additional Nook Miles redemption items.
- Additional limited-time seasonal items from Nook Shopping.
- Additional DIY recipes that use seasonal materials.
- Additional Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp collaboration item.
- Other adjustments and corrections were made to improve the game play experience.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons has been one of 2020's biggest success stories--it's now the second best-selling game on Switch.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.