Angry Birds Movie to Top Civil War as #1 Movie in the US This Weekend, Projections Say
Angry Birds is projected to make $42-44 million this weekend.
If projections prove to be accurate, then the Angry Birds movie will pass Captain America: Civil War on its way to number one at the box office this weekend. Angry Birds is projected to make $42-44 million in its opening weekend.
According to Deadline, Angry Birds is looking to make $12 million today. One analysts predicts the film will ultimately make $150 million in the United States. The film's production and marketing reportedly cost $173 million.
Movie ticket-purchasing site Fandango reports that Angry Birds is the top seller for this weekend and is in line with Hotel Transylvania 2, which pulled in $48.5 million for its debut weekend.
Angry Birds opens in theaters today, May 20, in North America. It released in other markets last weekend and earned $43 million in its international debut.
For a critical overview on Angry Birds, you can check out GameSpot's official review right here.
You can check out more of GameSpot's Angry Birds coverage through the links below:
- Watch First Angry Birds Movie Trailer
- New Angry Birds Movie Trailer Reveals Story Details, Has a Few Pee Jokes
- New Angry Birds Movie Trailer Explains Why the Birds Are So Angry
- Angry Birds Movie Features Song Written by Blake Shelton (Also, He Voices a Pig)
- Angry Birds Movie Is "Unexpectedly Smart," Actor Says
- Angry Birds Movie Adds Sean Penn, Demi Lovato
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org