Angry Birds Movie Features Song Written by Blake Shelton (Also, He Voices a Pig)
"I don't have a whole lot of experience being shot out of a slingshot at pigs."
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The Angry Birds movie has added another A-lister. Country singer and The Voice host Blake Shelton wrote a song for the upcoming animated film and also provides the voice of a pig, he tells Entertainment Weekly in a story published today.
"I can write things about myself and my life," he old the Hollywood news site. "But I don't have a whole lot of experience being shot out of a slingshot at pigs."
Shelton plays a "country-fried pork chop" named Earl in the movie. EW also has the first image of this pig. As you can see in the image above, he definitely has a country flair to him.
The song Shelton wrote for the Angry Birds movie (and information about why the song exists in the movie at all) is being kept under wraps for now. But Shelton did say this of his experience working on the movie:
"They kept saying, 'More country!' I felt like I was doing a voiceover for Dukes of Hazzard."
Shelton also says he was a big-time Angry Birds player before being approached to work on the movie.
It represents developer Rovio Entertainment's first stab at a feature film based on the mobile game. The studio has worked on smaller-sized Angry Birds video productions, however, as it is behind the Angry Birds Toons animated series, which has tallied more than three billion views to date.
The film is produced by visual effects and animation studio Sony Pictures Imageworks, and will be distributed around the world by Sony Pictures. Animated movie veterans Fergal Reilly (Spider-Man 2, The Iron Giant) and Clay Kaytis (Wreck-It Ralph, Tangled) are directing the film, which is due out May 2016.
Angry Birds Movie Voice Actors:
- Jason Sudeikis -- (Saturday Night Live, Horrible Bosses) -- He plays the lead character, a bird named Red who has a "temper problem."
- Josh Gad -- (Frozen, 21) -- He plays "speedy" Chuck.
- Danny McBride -- (Eastbound & Down, This is the End) -- He plays the "volatile Bomb."
- Bill Hader -- (Saturday Night Live, Superbad) -- He plays a pig.
- Maya Rudolph -- (Bridesmaids, Saturday Night Live) -- She plays someone named Matilda.
- Peter Dinklage -- (Game of Thrones) -- He plays a bird named Mighty Eagle.
Supporting cast (roles unspecified):
- Keegan-Michael Key -- (Key & Peele)
- Kate McKinnon -- (Saturday Night Live)
- Tony Hale -- (Arrested Development)
- Ian Barinholtz -- (Neighbors)
- Hannibal Buress -- (Broad City)
- Cristela Alonzo -- (Cristela)
- Jillian Bell -- (22 Jump Street)
- Danielle Brooks -- (Orange is the New Black)
- Romeo Santos -- (Latin music singer)
- Ian Andre Hecox and Anthony Padilla -- (Of YouTube fame)
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com