Alien: Covenant Sequel Production To Start Soon, Director Says
"I'm not going to close it down again."
Alien: Covenant is still two months away from release, but director Ridley Scott is already talking about the sequel. It has been reported that the follow-up is written and might start shooting soon.
In an interview with Sydney Morning Herald, Scott said: "You've got to assume, to a certain extent, success [for Alien: Covenant], and from that you'd better be ready. You don't want a two-year gap. So I'll be ready to go again next year.”
"If you really want a franchise, I can keep cranking it for another six," he added. "I'm not going to close it down again. No way."
The site also notes that "while working on Alien: Covenant, Scott had the next instalment written."
Scott recently spoke about the decision to return to the franchise that started with 1979's classic Alien. "I saw Alien finally succumb after four films, which was a good run," he said, via Digital Spy. "[But] then they also did Alien vs. Predator, after which I thought, 'Uh-oh, that's it.' I waited a couple of years, I went back and decided to resurrect it."
Last week, an intense new trailer for Alien: Covenant was released, which followed this special prologue. There was also a creepy new poster for the movie.
Alien: Covenant arrives in theaters on May 19 in the US and May 12 in the UK. It stars Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston, Danny McBride, and Demian Bichir.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org