Age Of Empires 4's First Gameplay Trailer Debuts At X019
A massive medieval battle kicks off AoE.
During Microsoft's X019 stream, it showed the first gameplay trailer for Age of Empires 4, which was first announced more than two years ago. The trailer showed a variety of units like warriors, knights, cavalry, and catapults in a massive castle siege scene. You can watch it for yourself below.
The stage presentation also included an interview with Shannon Loftis, who is heading up the newly dubbed studio World's Edge. She pointed out that the trailer debuts two of the big reveals for this game. The first is when the game is set--it takes place during the medieval era. Microsoft also confirmed the first two civilizations that will be represented in the game, and they're on display during the trailer: the Mongols and English.
Age of Empires IV is in development at Relic, the studio responsible for the Company of Heroes series. Microsoft also confirmed that its recently formed, dedicated Age of Empires studio is named World's Edge, and it's headed up Shannon Loftis.
Also as part of the Age of Empires announcements, Microsoft announced the release of Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition. It's out now on PC, including Steam.
- X019 Inside Xbox News: Halo Reach Coming To MCC, New Obsidian Game, And More
- Lots Of Final Fantasy Games Coming To Xbox Game Pass; Kingdom Hearts Heads To Xbox One
- Xbox Scarlett Won't Be "Out Of Position" On Power Or Price, Says Xbox Boss
- Rare Announces New IP, Everwild
- Halo: Reach Coming To Xbox Game Pass And PC Soon
- Yakuza Series Is Coming To Xbox Game Pass
- Obsidian's Grounded Is Honey, I Shrunk The Kids Meets Rust
- Life Is Strange Dev Reveals New Game, Tell Me Why
- Outer Worlds Dev's Next Game Is As Far From Space As You Can Get
- DmC and Hellblade Dev's Next Game, Bleeding Edge, Release Date Leaked
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.