6.5 Million Games Were Played During Destiny Alpha
Bungie released a bunch of stats about the PS4-exclusive Destiny alpha that ended last week.
God Of War PS4 Makes Big Changes Sea Of Thieves - First Look At The Kraken Gameplay Sea Of Thieves Launch Livestream GS News Update: Here's When Sea Of Thieves Servers Go Live, And More Info On That Day One Patch PUBG Mobile iPhoneX Gameplay Live New Releases - Top Games Out This Week -- March 18-24 Dragon Ball Legends Gameplay: Super Saiyan Battles On The Go Assassin's Creed Rogue Remastered - Launch Trailer South Park: The Fractured But Whole - From Dusk Till Casa Bonita DLC Trailer Dragon Ball Super Movie - Official Teaser Trailer GS News Update: After Being Pulled, PS4's Yakuza 6 Demo Is Back Sicario: Day Of The Soldado - Official Trailer
In a post on its website, Bungie published several stats about the amount that people played the alpha. Between amount of Dregs destroyed, to the number of public events joined, these stats all indicate that a lot of players took the chance to check out Destiny before its release.
Here's what Bungie measured during the test:
- 149,522,313 Primary Weapon Kills
- 21,782,610 Secondary Weapon Kills
- 4,002,737 Heavy Weapon Kills
- 21,687,298 Super Ability Kills
- 2,819,211 Orbs of Light Gathered
- 6,850,773 Control Points Captured in the Crucible
- 1,195 Deathless Medals awarded in the Crucible
- 4,356 Splatters with the Sparrow
- 667,966 Public Events Joined
- 60,491,944 Fallen Dregs Dispatched with Extreme Prejudice
- Too many to count: Guardians served in Dance Parties
- 6,461,871 Player Games Played
In February, publisher Activision stated that Destiny will be the "best-selling new video game IP in history." GameSpot editors also played the alpha, and you can check out our impressions of Destiny here. The game launches on September 9 for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3, but you can play it earlier during the beta test which begins for PS3 and PS4 on July 17.