10-Year-Old RPG Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 Has Been Updated Again
New update adds achievements and makes performance tweaks.
A second unexpected update to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 has been released, introducing new achievements, improving compatibility with certain mods, and making a number of general performance tweaks. The full list of changes, as detailed on the game's Steam discussion board, can be found below.
Far Cry 6 Is A Game Of Contrasts | Play For All 2021 Zelda: Breath Of The Wild Sequel Trailer Breakdown | E3 2021 Aliens: Fireteam Respects The Series' Horror Origins And More Action-Filled Sequels | Play For All 2021 Baldur's Gate 3: What's Next For The Game? | Play For All Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One - Exclusive Developer Walkthrough [Play For All 2021] Best Trailers from Nintendo Direct How Final Fantasy 15 Has Evolved Since 2006 Everything New In Watch Dogs 2 6 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Tomb Raider In 2 Minutes 7 Things You (Probably) Never Knew About the BioShock Games In 2 Minutes The Epic World of Total War: Warhammer In 2 Minutes How Primal is a New Kind of Far Cry In 2 Minutes
- Added 20 user-generated achievements (see pinned thread for details)
- Fixed an issue with Pet Rock achievement not unlocking in TSLRCM
- Fixed a crash when adding more than five mods
- Fixed two issues tied to Mouse Look
- Fixed an issue with the controller menu appearing on top of dialog screens
- Fixed an issue with Kreia not disappearing properly on Korriban
- Fixed a shader issue causing NPC droid eyes to not be illuminated
- Fixed an issue with alternate dialog not appearing after multiple play-throughs
- Changed the behavior of the Light/Dark Side point achievements
- Fixed a crash connected to the M4-78 mod
- Fixed multiple issues with a spinning camera when certain third-party devices are connected
- Fixed multiple issues connected to DPI Scaling
- Fixed an issue with the screen being offset on high refresh-rate monitors
- Fixed an issue with sounds continuously repeating after moving away from the sound source
- Change to cloud-saves, automatically lower-casing files so they can be read on Linux
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 was developed by Obsidian Entertainment, but re-released and updated by Aspyr. The studio has also worked on the Mac version of recent titles such as Civilization: Beyond Earth. It also developed the Mac version of the Beyond Earth's Rising Tide expansion.
The last update for KOTOR2 introduced Steam Workshop support, controller support, native widescreen resolution support, support for up to 5K monitors, and steam Cloud saves.
In other Star Wars news, the new Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens trailer has been released--people are excited. DICE's Star Wars Battlefront, meanwhile, launches on November 17. Publisher EA has detailed the $120 Ultimate Edition of the game, which includes the DLC pass and five unique items.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com