Army Men: Sarge's Heroes is a delightful little game, especially for a N64 title.

User Rating: 7.6 | Army Men: Sarge's Heroes N64
Gameplay: 7
Why: Although Sarge's Heroes is a good game, it has some flaws that keep the gameplay from being as great as it could have been. First of all, in the campaign, levels are tedious at times, especially when you, a sergeant, are expected to protect one of your commandos who doesn't do anything but walk into trouble. Such levels leave you manic and you eventually want to (if you havn't already) blow the useless grunt into oblivion.
Second, like most N64 games back in the day, Sarge's Heroes can have unexpected freeze ups or glitches that make it so that you have to restart the game. Which brings me to point three, every time you start the game up, you are unable to load any previous progress that you may have made. Instead, to get back to the level you were on, you must input a code that the game gives you once you have finished the level. This can also add to frustration.
However, it should be noted that despite these flaws, the game is very fun to play and the replay value is decent.

Graphics: 6
Why: At the time this game came out, the graphics where rather low quality when compared to other games. However, the graphics are good enough for a good gaming experiance and it actually seems like you are an army man toy fighting in a "toy world".

Sound: 10
Why: Despite some of the sound effects and lack of dialog, Sarge's Heroes has an amazing score. The music is creatively devised and definately gives the game a militaristic feel.

Value: 8
Why: Well the game is just so very fun. Even in this day and age I am definately going to buy it should I have the opportunity and the cash. Replay value is decent and the multiplayer is definately a blast.

Reviewer's Tilt: 8
Why: I am definately buying this game. It's worth playing for the music alone and is a good pasttime despite any mistakes that were made in it's creation.