Aliens :CM Forum postings have disappeared.....

#1 Posted by Eagle_2004 (28 posts) -

I started a posting detailing why the new Aliens : CM was going to suck. 

I came back this afternoon to read any new questions, and for some reason, the entire forum on Aliens :CM has disappeared. I hope this is a mistake on my part, and not Gamespot bending to the game companies displeasure of the negative reviews concerning the game.

if it is, then free speech has defiantly taken a step back. If its me, then I'm a dumb a$$. Please Gamespot....let me be the dumb a$$.

#2 Posted by Justinps2hero (2270 posts) -
Had trouble logging on yesterday, & as you say, some stuff has err disappeared. Maybe like LV426, it will just come back, like magic!
#3 Posted by Eagle_2004 (28 posts) -

I did find the posts over in the Xbox 360 section, but this section was chock full of posts relating to game play, and the overall suckiness of the game. Which makes me wonder if GameStop suspended the forum until after the game ofically came out, or deleted it all together. 

Looks like an episode fit for the X Files.

#4 Posted by modart (86 posts) -

same thing happend to the dead space 3 forum last week

#5 Posted by Justinps2hero (2270 posts) -
Damn, we are being censored. I feel important. ;)
#6 Posted by Subcelsious (348 posts) -

Whatever they did about a year ago to restructure their forums absolutely ruined the Forums and the traffic on this site. They were never really that good at rating a game but would occasionally get it right or come close. Save yourself your $ an don't get this game man. I just bought Aliens on blu ray 5 days ago an have had every vhs and dvd version , i'm definately a fan but i'm an older gamer an seen it all , save your time and money. Get something else with a high rating 9.0 or higher. Just my opionion friends

#7 Posted by Eagle_2004 (28 posts) -

Ok...looks like i found some early reviews for ya....well, the game scores anyway:

A handful of early Aliens: Colonial Marines review scores have made their way on to the internet.

Most notable is that of UK games mag Games TM, which according to subscribers has issued the Gearbox FPS a 4/10.

Published scores:

• Games TM - 4/10: "Mechanically, the game functions, but the fun of the Aliens universe is quickly drained away by what amounts to a mundane shooting gallery through a drab and lifeless world."
  • PS3gen.fr - 5/10: (Translated) "We expected a lot from this project. And unfortunately, our disappointment was all the greater

As i stated in a OP that has somehow disappeared, I said that of the games recives a score greather than 6.0, that i would blow my self.

Looks like i'll not be giving me a blow job anytime soon. I'm that confident that other game reviewers will score it that low.

#8 Posted by Subcelsious (348 posts) -

Lol The funny thing is is if they did it right the game could be so F$%^&*&^ awesome. What a waste man. Back when they announced this S$%^ i knew to not get my hopes up. The voice acting totally gave away the crap that it is. And the multyplayer footage looked boring an chaotic. Nothing like the online shooters now. I wish they'd do a Friday the 13th game or freddy. but they'd prob mess those up too.

#9 Posted by Justinps2hero (2270 posts) -
And the fact it was back on a colony that had been nuked from space! And, do they really find Hudson, ahh man, that kills it.
#10 Posted by usule (1734 posts) -

On the release date it says 'canceled' :cry:

#11 Posted by Subcelsious (348 posts) -

Lol, just unbelievable

#12 Posted by Fruitymachete (71 posts) -

They should have left hudson live lol. Altough does a nuke don't give alot of radiation ?

Ow and then they asked who was that in the cryotube then ?

One story at the time cpl. Hicks said. I raged so bad lol

#13 Posted by Justinps2hero (2270 posts) -
"the first two Alien films are steeped in mystery and anxiety, qualities all but absent in developer Gearbox's lackluster interpretation. Instead, Aliens: Colonial Marines is a shallow bit of science-fiction fluff with cheap production values and an indifferent attitude. It's forgettable enough to deem unnecessary, which is a grievous sin for a game in a universe brimming with so much potential." Ouch, that will sting.......