I just got this game for my birthday

#1 Posted by GreySun369 (226 posts) -

I decided to get this game because I really liked Yakuza 3, and I'm really glad I got it. It seems pretty much the same as Yakuza 3 with the exception that Sega left in the content that was taken out from the US and Europe port of Yakuza 3 such as the hostess clubs. But also I like the fact that this game has 4 playable characters, each with their own personality and story to tell. I haven't gotten past Akiyama's story yet but I think I really like him so far, I can't wait to see what the other characters are like (well except for Kiryu since I pretty much already know what he's like from playing Yakuza 3). I think I might end up liking this more tha Yakuza 3 because it seems like a more complete game, though I really liked the Okinawa beach setting in Yakuza 3 so I'll probably still keep playing it sometimes just for that.

Also even though it received poor reviews I still want to get Yakuza: Dead Souls some day just because it combines two of my favorite things; zombies and Japanese culture. I may even import that Ryu ga Gotoku: Kenzan! game that was never released outside Japan if I can find a good translator on the internet for it. I think the Yakuza series has become one of my new favorite game series along with Uncharted. :)